Job Coach (Abbey Hill School & College)
2 days left
£14775 - £16686 Actual Salary
31.25 hours per week
Abbey Hill School & College is a popular, successful and over-subscribed school meeting the needs of children and young people with learning difficulties, communication & interaction difficulties and/or Autistic Spectrum Conditions. Our governors are seeking to employ a suitably experienced individual for our Job Coach vacancy. The successful applicant will be committed to ensuring the best outcomes for our students and must have excellent interpersonal, numeracy, literacy and IT skills.
Job Purpose: The primary focus of the Job Coach will be to provide work related support to individuals participating in the Supported Internship Programme. You will provide support to employees with a disability and help the employee develop the skills to perform and learn the job description of the Supported Internship through job accurate, efficient and safe guidance. You may also assist with helping the employee acclimatise to their work environment.
- Engage with employers to secure sufficient and realistic employment opportunities
- Support interns to be successful in their employment, providing an appropriate level of support and guidance in the work place as agreed
- Implement support plans which will enable the interns to become competent in work and related skills.
- Provide on the job training in work settings
- To facilitate other workers to become confident in working with and supporting interns to carry out their duties
- Support learners within English, Maths employability and tutorial sessions liaising with the course tutor to relate the sessions towards the learners’ individual placements.
If you are interested in applying please contact the school office for an application pack and more details by phone 01782 882882 or by email email@example.com
More information on the school can be found on our website