Cover Supervisor/ Teaching Assistant - Severndale Specialist Academy
4 days left
Severndale Specialist Academy
Tel: 01743 563333
Cover Supervisor / Teaching Assistant
• Full-time post available
• Salary range scale 3: From £10.01 per hour to £10.21 per hour
• 5 hours per week for Term Time plus 5 PD days
• Access to the School Advisory Service
• Bike to work scheme
• Continuing Professional Development
• Local Authority Pension Scheme
Severndale Specialist Academy is a multi-site Academy catering for children with special educational needs in Shropshire. Our children and young people can access Severndale Specialist Academy from Reception through to Sixth Form and have a range of learning difficulties
The purpose of this role is to supervise students in the absence of the Class Teacher. When not covering lessons, the Cover Supervisor will be engaging in activities of a Teaching Assistant by effectively providing teaching assistance to our students, ensuring that the direction of the teaching staff is carried out and implemented agreed work, care and support programmes with individuals or groups. The successful candidate will be self-motivated and strive to enspire and achieve the very best outcomes.
For further information on the role please click onto the links below.
• Organised with good time-management skills
• Excellent communication skills with students who have speech and language difficulties
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to monitor student progress
• Positive and enthusiastic when faced with challenges
You should be enthusiastic and committed professional who is flexible and reliable and able to work on your own initiative, with the ability to establish effective working relationships at all levels, particularly as a member of a team. You should have the relevant skills and personal qualities such as being dynamic and proactive to undertake the range of duties and the ability to work accurately and consistently.
If you want to further your career in a fast paced environment, then please complete the application form at www.Severndaleschool.org and forward your information to Nic Copeland (Human Resources)
firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am Thursday 17 June 2021
Severndale Specialist Academy is committed to the safety and well-being of all pupils and staff. Posts are subject to enhanced DBS disclosures and safer recruiting process including pre-interview reference checks