Teaching Assistant -Fixed Term
The Nightingale Home and Hospital Service
Fixed term one year
- Teaching Assistant – NJC Grade 5, £23,541 - £27,041 pro rata (actual salary £19,004 - £21,830) - 35 hours per week – term time only
- The Job Description and Person Specification are available in this pack
Lawnswood Campus is committed to excellence. We enable learning by providing a rich and meaningful curriculum targeting young peoples’ personalised needs. We aim to help our young people overcome social, emotional and mental health needs (SEMH) in order to manage their behaviour and make considered choices.
It is an exciting time to join the Lawnswood Campus family as we embark on our journey to become ‘The Leading Light for Alternative Provision in the UK’ and as part of this ambition, we require a passionate and committed Teaching Assistant to work with young people and staff in both our hospital school room at New Cross Hospital and onsite at Lawnswood Campus.
Applicants will be expected to have:
- Experience of working with young people with SEMH and SEND
- A proven track record of good communication and organisation
- A willingness to undertake specialist training
- An interest in supporting students with medical needs within the hospital school room
This is a fantastic and unique opportunity to work within the school room at New Cross Hospital as well as working onsite at The Nightingale Service, Lawnswood Campus.
This role at the hospital school room will involve supporting young people to continue with their academic journey despite experiencing periods of illness and being within a hospital setting. The role within the school room is incredibly diverse with teaching taking place in both the school room and at the bedside. Where possible, we liaise with the young persons home school to try and match the learning content that the young person is missing, but we also run our own engaging programme of learning.
Whilst working within our onsite provision, you will be able to deliver bespoke interventions by preparing, providing, maintaining, organising and managing the resources required for healthy, safe, secure and exciting activities to be carried out by staff and young people. The teaching assistant role forms a central part of the work of the Service and the post holder will work closely with teaching staff to support, develop and further extend the work of the Service and the experiences of our young people.
You will need to be prepared to undertake training and access support to ensure that you are able to support the diverse needs of some of our most vulnerable young people
Duties and responsibilities:
- To support the ‘Hospital School Room Teacher’ in delivering a bespoke curriculum to some of the most vulnerable learners in the City.
- To provide learning support on a daily basis to ensure that young people are able to achieve both personally and academically.
- To provide pastoral support to ensure the wellbeing of all of our young people.
- To carry out appropriate interventions as directed.
Closing Date: 24/06/21 12pm
Interviews: W/C 28/06/21
Lawnswood Campus is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and two references from your current or previous employment.
To apply, applicants will be required to complete the attached application form and return it direct to Mrs Rachel Bain at: email@example.com