Head of Service - Local Authority Delivery
We are seeking a driven professional to lead our talented and growing team working on Local authority delivery programmes and projects across the West Midlands region and beyond.
A key role with a focus on delivery of service level agreements, Green Homes Grant LAD’s and other local authority and county council-based schemes. A strong team player and confident communicator with a desire and ability to build strong long-term relationships with existing and new local authorities, central government and associated partners.
The post holder will:
- Line manage the local authority support providing clear direction, assistance and support, and ensuring we offer customers information and assistance focused to a high standard and focused on client’s needs.
- Oversee the delivery of Green Homes Grant Local Authority Delivery Scheme across the West Midlands and other Local Authority projects such as Keeping Coventry Warm and Warm and Well in Warwickshire and as and when they occur, ensuring all aspects of these projects are delivered to a high standard and whilst building strong relationships with partners in Local Authorities, health and central government.
- Work collaboratively with other AoE staff managing projects in the region, to ensure staff are fully briefed and able to deliver against project targets.
- Work with LA’s to develop delivery plans for projects and ensuring staff are able to deliver the projects in a timely fashion whilst ensure high levels of customer service are attained.
- To set realistic project budgets, costing work accurately supporting the development of new financial tools.
- To provide new ideas and strategic input into Act on Energy’s development plans.
- To maintain an up-to-date knowledge of issues affecting the development and delivery of sustainable energy initiatives and relevant energy policy in particular smart energy developments, energy networks and energy system innovation.
- To ensure effective set-up and handover of new projects to project managers when a project bid has a successful outcome.
- To manage own work load on a day-to-day basis and act on own initiative to drive new developments forward.
- To represent Act on Energy externally.
- To comply with Act on Energy policies and procedures, as adopted and updated from time to time (detailed in our staff handbook), including taking responsibility for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues in accordance with Health and Safety legislation.
- Other tasks as required by the CEO or Director of Services
- Be an experienced line and project manager, with an excellent track record of delivering and developing new projects.
- Have excellent knowledge around home energy efficiency, including awareness of the funding routes available to clients.
- Be an experienced practitioner delivering local authority projects or working within local government.
- In a work capacity, have worked on behalf of vulnerable people in complex situations.
- Be solutions focused, pragmatic and adaptable. Demonstrate a clear commitment to furthering an understanding of Health and Housing linkages amongst stakeholders, and to building future opportunities.
- Work experience in either Local Authority, the energy, or health sectors, would be an advantage.
- Strong analytical and presentational skills, with the ability to articulate complex energy efficiency issues to non-specialists and communicate our client’s situations sensitively and expressively.
- Proactive team player with the ability to motivate and support colleagues and partners to contribute their ideas, skills and time to new project development.
- Report to and regularly update AOE’s senior management team
- Ability to use Microsoft tools such as Teams & Excel effectively, and gain skills using our new Microsoft Dynamics software.
- Show a commitment to our core values.
- Be based in our Warwickshire office, with excellent local knowledge and existing networks.
Terms of contract
Permanent position based on initial 6-month probationary period
Subject to experience - Grade F - £31,257 – £34,502
Office-based in South Warwickshire
Hours of work
37.5 hours per week
25 days per annum + bank holidays (pro rata for part time)
Training and support will be provided to you including opportunities to attend short training courses and potentially gain qualifications as needed.
Please send a CV and covering letter, explaining why you are interested in the role and how you meet the specification to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Interviews will be held at our offices Nr Salford Priors, Warwickshire.