Head of Service - External Projects & Programmes
7 days left
We are searching for a driven professional to lead our talented and growing project team working to support a range of exciting projects across the Midland’s region. The successful candidate will work closely on a range of external projects including Warmer Homes West Midlands, Social Housing Demonstrator Fund, ALEO, CRM + database development, Big Energy Saving Network BESN, Western Power Distribution WPD and more. A key role with a focus on ensuring our team deliver a consistent message across our external programmes including a responsibility for overseeing the advice provision across the organisation.
The post holder will:
- Line manage the external project team providing clear direction, assistance and support, and ensuring we offer customers information and assistance to a high standard and focused on client’s needs.
- Oversee the delivery of our current external projects ensuring all aspects of these projects are delivered to a high standard and building and maintaining strong relationships with partners.
- Work collaboratively with other AoE staff managing projects across the region, to ensure staff are fully briefed and able to deliver against project targets.
- To develop delivery plans for projects and ensuring staff are able to deliver the projects in a timely fashion whilst ensure high levels of customer services are attained.
- The ability to construct clear and effective project proposals and tender documents including setting project budgets (covering staff time and direct costs) and scheduling work to achieve required outputs and outcomes.
- To ensure effective set-up and handover of new projects to project managers when a project bid has a successful outcome.
- To ensure appropriate quality checks are carried out on all projects.
- To provide new ideas and strategic input into Act on Energy’s development plans.
- To manage own work load on a day-to-day basis and act on own initiative to drive new developments forward.
- To maintain an up-to-date knowledge of issues affecting the development and delivery of sustainable energy initiatives and relevant energy policy in particular smart energy developments, energy networks and energy system innovation.
- To identify opportunities to improve services and project delivery and help meet strategic objectives, informed by sound knowledge of our mission and strategic objectives.
- To represent Act on Energy externally.
- To comply with Act on Energy policies and procedures, as adopted and updated from time to time (detailed in our staff handbook), including taking responsibility for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues in accordance with Health and Safety legislation.
- Other tasks as required by the CEO or Director of Services
- Be an experienced line and project manager, with an excellent track record.
- An understanding of sustainable energy, fuel poverty and climate change.
- Have excellent knowledge around home energy efficiency, including awareness of the funding routes available to clients.
- Experience of devising and developing new projects.
- Familiarity with project management practices, process and systems.
- In a work capacity, have worked on behalf of vulnerable people in complex situations.
- Be solutions focused, pragmatic and adaptable. Demonstrate a clear commitment to furthering an understanding of Health and Housing linkages amongst stakeholders, and to building future opportunities.
- Strong analytical and presentational skills, with the ability to articulate complex energy efficiency issues to non-specialists and communicate our client’s situations sensitively and expressively.
- Proactive team player with the ability to motivate and support colleagues and partners to contribute their ideas, skills and time to new project development.
- Report to and work closely with the Senior Management team, providing regular updates and attend management meetings.
- Ability to use Microsoft tools such as Teams & Excel effectively, and gain skills using our new Microsoft Dynamics software.
- Show a commitment to our core values.
- Be based in our Warwickshire office, with excellent local knowledge and existing networks.
Terms of contract
Permanent position based on initial 6-month probationary period
Subject to experience - Grade F - £31,257 – £34,502
Office-based in South Warwickshire
Hours of work
37.5 hours per week
25 days per annum + bank holidays (pro rata for part time)
Training and support will be provided to you including opportunities to attend short training courses and potentially gain qualifications as needed.
Please send a CV and covering letter, explaining why you are interested in the role and how you meet the specification to email@example.com .
Interviews will be held at our offices Nr Salford Priors, Warwickshire.