Teaching Assistant - St Chad's CE ( C) Primary School
Teaching Assistant for September 2021
This is a fixed term one-year contract (in the first instance) for 16 hours per week (5 mornings), term time only. The position is a Grade 3 or 4 post (£18 562-£19 698) depending on qualifications and experience.
NOR – 251 + Nursery (28)
‘Building together with Jesus for a better future’
We wish to appoint an experienced Teaching Assistant to join our hardworking, committed and friendly team from 1st September 2021. We are an innovative and forward thinking school and have a calm, happy ethos with pupils who are enthusiastic and eager to learn. The successful candidate would be supported by friendly, professional colleagues who are very committed to their jobs, offered access to high quality professional development and given the scope to be creative in the learning taking place in their classroom.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- Be committed to promoting our Christian Values and ethos;
- Be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children;
- Have experience of working within or across the primary age range, and hold or working towards an NVQ 2 or 3 qualification or equivalent in Supporting Teaching & Learning;
- Have experience of working with SEND pupils – occasionally on a 1:1 basis and in small intervention groups, supporting teachers;
- Have enthusiasm, drive and commitment to developing excellence;
- Develop good working relationships with parents and carers;
- Commit to developing independent learners and demonstrates a Growth Mindset;
- Be an outstanding and self-reflective classroom practitioner, committed to raising standards;
- Commit to creating a nurturing environment that stimulates positive behaviour and well-being;
- Be highly motivated and committed to high quality teaching and learning; whilst keeping children at the heart of everything we do;
- Commit to working in partnership with all those involved in the life of the school and improving outcomes for everyone;
- Be an excellent team player with the highest expectations of themselves and others in their team;
- Fully participate in all aspects of school life.
We will provide:
- A hardworking, dedicated, happy and talented staff;
- Friendly, enthusiastic children whose behaviour is second to none;
- A dynamic, supportive and forward thinking leadership team;
- An innovative school with a bespoke curriculum and assessment procedures;
- A staff with high expectations of behaviour, learning and personal development;
- Supportive governors and whole school community, including our church family;
- An excellent opportunity to support, influence and shape the future of our school, staff and pupils;
Please do find out more about our school on our school website
Visits to the school are welcomed. Please telephone the school office 01782 567750 if you wish to make an appointment to view the school
To apply for this post please download the application form below in the ‘Available Documents Section’.
Closing Date for applications is Friday 25th June 2021 at 12pm
All application forms should be returned directly to the school.
St Chad’s C.E. (C) Primary School
Newcastle under Lyme
St Chad’s Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.