Hours: 37.0 Hours per Week
Fixed Term Contract – 18 months (Externally Funded)
Location - Solihull Council House / Agile Working
This is an exciting time to be working in Adult Care & Support, whether it is responding to the impact of Covid-19, the establishment of statutory Integrated Care Systems, implementation of new hospital discharge pathways or developing our support for mental health and carers the programme of change is fast paced and exciting.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Project Officer to join us within Adult Care & Support, providing efficient work stream management, project and operational support.
As Project Officer, you will be leading on a variety of projects within the Adult Care and Support Transformation Programme, overseeing a team of Project Support Officers and supporting Programme and Project managers to capture workshops, meet outputs and track key decisions, assigned actions, plans, risks, issues and deadlines.
You will need:
- To be educated to Degree level (or have extended experience that enables you to carry out the full range of duties).
- APM or Prince 2 qualification (or equivalent experience)
- Evidence of managing work streams, supporting successful programmes / projects including monitoring progress and ensuring targets are met and delivered on time.
This is an excellent opportunity to be a key part of fundamental projects and programmes for the Adult Care & Support Directorate at a time of significant challenge, helping us to deliver upon our strategic goals and improve lives and outcomes for Solihull residents.
We also offer:
- Flexible working, including flexi leave up to 24 days per year and agile working arrangements
- Generous annual leave entitlements with opportunity to buy up to 10 days additional leave per year
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service
- Family and carer friendly policies
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee benefits including subsidised travel passes, Cycle 2 Work Scheme and a staff discount card.
To apply, please click on the link below. If you have a specific question or require further information regarding this post, please contact Emma Ivey, Programme Manager, on 0121 704 8269 or Roger Catley, Governance Lead, on 0121 704 8226.
Interview Date: 15th July 2021
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, our interview process is kept under constant review and alternatives to face to face interviews such as video conferencing / virtual interviews may be required. The interview process for this role will be confirmed upon shortlisting based on the guidance at that time and shortlisted candidates will be informed and advised accordingly.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
The Fluency Duty is outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers. The Fluency Duty for this role is Required .
This post requires the following Disclosure and Barring check: Not required .
Solihull Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job Description & Person Specification