Learning Support Assistant – Level 2 - Whitecrest Primary
Whitecrest Primary school is a good school with a hard-working, committed team. We are looking to appoint a Level 2 learning support assistant to work 1:1 with a child from September 2021.
The successful candidate will work 1:1 with individual children and provide small group interventions. The role will also involve close liaison with the class-teacher, SENCO, outside agencies and other support staff.
We are looking for a person who has:
• A caring, patient and understanding approach to working with children
• Has experience of working in an educational establishment with children who have additional needs.
• The ability to create resources to help the child they are supporting.
• A firm but fair approach to discipline
• Conducts themselves professionally
• A flexible approach to work
• Will make a positive contribution to the school
• Autism/ADHD training desirable but not essential
If you require further information about the position please contact the school on 0121 358 6348
Closing date: Thursday 24th June 2021 at 12.30pm
Shortlisting: Friday 25th June 2021
Interviews week beginning 28th June 2021
Sandwell Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable groups including children, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
An enhanced DBS clearance is required for this role.
32.5 hours per week, term time only
Band B, SCP 2-4 £18,198-£18,933 pro rata (£9.43-£9.81 per hour) (actual £13,894-£14,455) plus a Living Wage supplement to £9.50 per hour, payable from 1 April 2021
Whitecrest Primary School, Whitecrest, Great Barr, B43 6EL
Thursday 24th June 2021