Admin & Finance Assistant (Horton Lodge Special School)
5 days left
Horton Lodge School is looking to appoint an enthusiastic Administrative and Finance Assistant from September 2021.
Horton Lodge School is a Local Authority Special School for children aged 2-11years with physical disabilities and associated learning difficulties. Our students have a range of complex learning needs including cognitive, physical, sensory, and health related disabilities.
The post is a part time permanent role advertised as a Grade 3, term time only. The pattern of work can be flexible over 2 or 3 days.
The successful candidate will be able to manage a busy school office and multi-task efficiently. Key duties include;
Support for Finance Administration:
- Research and negotiate with suppliers to obtain best value for money
- Enter official orders, GRNs and purchase orders
- Receive deliveries of goods and organise onwards dispatch to correct recipient/location
- Organise returns of unsuitable goods, and resolve queries relating to wrong orders
Support to the school:
- Provide clerical support e.g. photocopying, filing, emailing and completing routine forms
- Maintain manual and computerised records, and also pupil information on SIMs
- Undertake research and obtain information to inform decisions of SLT
- Monitor and manage stock for the administration team, including first aid stocks
- Cover the reception when required
- Assist with HR procedures, ensuring staff complete the relevant documents in a timely fashion
- Monitor and update the school website
We can offer the opportunity to work in a successful multi-disciplinary team, a commitment to continued professional development, enthusiastic and inspirational pupils. Training will be given on the relevant systems.
The successful candidates will undertake duties detailed in Administrative and Finance Assistant Job Profile C1153 at Grade 3 term time only (SCP 3 – 4, £18,562 - £18,933 FTE).
Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to visit Horton Lodge School prior to submitting their application. Please email Linda Povey to arrange a visit, email@example.com.