1:1 Support Teaching Assistant
17.50 hours per week over 5 days plus TED days
Required: Thursday 2nd September 2021
What are we looking for:
We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced, Teaching Assistant for this exciting new opportunity to work in our year 5 team supporting a child with additional needs.
You will have:
- Previous experience in working in a key stage one
- Have current knowledge of the key stage one curriculum
- Good understanding of supporting behaviour in a nurturing environment
- Able to work with children 1:1 as required, including children with additional needs
- Able to work in the whole class environment
- Good interpersonal skills
- Flexible and creative
- Positive and hard working
- Understanding of how children learn and develop
- Understanding to differing children’s needs
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting teacher and pupils
- Working with pupils on an individual or group basis as required by the class teacher.
- Assisting in offsite visits
- Aiding pupils with special needs to access all subjects of the national curriculum and encourage their independence as learners
- Motivating and encouraging pupils to behave well in and around school
- Meeting the physical and/ or hygiene needs of pupils as required
- Supporting children at lunchtime
For additional information please contact Mrs Jacqui Tombs firstname.lastname@example.org (office manager) or Sara Stanley email@example.com (Deputy Head Teacher).
Applications to be submitted using the Rivers C of E Trust Application Form and addressed to Sara Stanley.
Closing date: 24th June 2021 at 12 noon