Premises Officer - Grangehurst Primary School
4 days left
Grangehurst Primary School wish to permanently appoint a reliable, trustworthy and flexible person for the post of Premises Officer who has a proven track record of undertaking maintenance and repair work and is prepared to liaise with external contractors when required and high expectations of themselves and others.
We would expect our new Premises Officer to take up the post as soon as possible after safeguarding clearance has been obtained.
The role will include a wide range of responsibilities and duties connected with the fabric of the building, health and safety, grounds and facilities, maintenance and security including:
• Ensure that buildings and the site are secure, including during out of school hours and take remedial action if required
• Act as the designated key holder for the school premises
• Operate and regularly check systems such as heating, cooling, lighting and security (including alarms)
• Undertake minor repairs (i.e. not requiring qualified craftsperson) and maintenance of the buildings and site
• Arrange emergency repairs
• Arrange regular maintenance and safety checks
• Oversee onsite maintenance contractors, checking that work is completed to required standards and within required timescales
• Monitor stock and order supplies
• Undertake general portage duties, including moving furniture and equipment within the school
• Perform duties in line with health and safety and COSHH regulations and take action where hazards are identified, report serious hazards to line manager immediately
• Undertake regular health and safety checks of buildings, grounds, fixtures and fittings, (including compliance with fire safety regulations) and equipment, in line with other schedules.
• Monitor the work of and manage cleaning and other site staff.
• Oversee and help to make decisions on all planned maintenance.
• Ensure the operation and maintenance of specialised equipment following training, for example gritter
• Facilitate evening and weekend lettings and carry out associated tasks, in line with local agreements
• Handle small amounts of cash for the purchase of materials to carry out repairs.
• To drive the school minibus as and when requested. Full UK Driving License required.
• Is honest; able to work effectively with little supervision; polite and courteous to members of the public; calm and patient when under pressure; co-operative with other employees, parents and visitors.
• Is able to show initiative and work proactively to ensure the smooth running of the site.
• Has reading, writing and numeracy skills sufficient to check time sheets, delivery notes, forms etc.
You will also be required to undertake the first aid at work qualification and become one of the school’s first aiders.
Please note that this is a 52 week contract and not term-time only. You will be expected to work during some of the school holidays.
37 hours per week all year round plus lettings (Hours of work will be: Monday to Thursday 7.00 – 11.00am and 3.00 – 6.30pm; Friday 7.00 – 11.00am and 3.00 – 6.00pm. Lettings are outside the normal opening hours of the school for which an additional payment will be made.
Please contact the school office if you would like to arrange a visit on 024 76365999. All visits will be within current COVID guidelines.
For further details about the post, please refer to the job description and person specification.
N.B. We reserve the right to close this vacancy prior to the advertised date should we receive a large number of applications.
Applications packs are available to download below or from the school website and are returnable via email to firstname.lastname@example.org at the school
Closing date: 24th June 2021 at Noon
Grangehurst Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and expects all staff to share this commitment.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).