Grade 2 Teaching Assistant
30 hours per week (8:30 – 3:30 daily), term time only
Commencing September 2021
Tenacres is a popular First School in Redditch with a friendly, committed staff providing a happy, supportive and nurturing environment to our pupils, staff and parents.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, talented and committed Teaching Assistant to join our team working with First School age children (4-9).
The successful candidate will support the school by:
• Supporting teachers to ensure children are making progress
• Engaging children in learning
• Managing behaviour effectively
• Having high standards and expectations of all children
The successful candidate must have:
- NVQ 2 or other qualifications linked to supporting children’s learning
- Proven Teaching Assistant skills
- Good experience and understanding of Phonics
- Experience working with First School age children
- An understanding of continuous provision and outdoor learning
- The ability to relate well to children and adults.
- The ability to manage behaviour effectively.
- A positive outlook and enthusiastic approach
- The ability to work constructively as a team
- The ability to work on own initiative
- A willingness to attend further relevant training
We warmly welcome and encourage prospective applicants to visit Tenacres to see our superb facilities on:
- 3.30pm Thursday 17th June
- 3.30pm Thursday 24th June
Please confirm which date you wish to visit by contacting the school office on 01527 528872 or School Business Manager, Mrs. Carpenter by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the meantime, there is lots of information and a virtual tour on our website at www.tenacres.worcs.sch.uk
Tenacres First School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will undergo appropriate checks including enhanced DBS and checks on all references.
An application form and job description and any enquiries should be requested by email at email@example.com
The closing date for applications Friday 2nd July at 3.30pm. All applications to be sent to the school