MASH Education Support Officer
This post is fixed term until 09/09/2022 due to maternity cover
Opportunity for an effective team player able to work to tight and continuous deadlines in a challenging safeguarding environment.
We require a MASH Education support Officer to represent education in Safeguarding screening meetings and as a point of contact for Operation Encompass - schools notifications in relation to victims and/or witnesses of domestic abuse.
Have you ever wondered how the MASH operates?
Do you have the skills to support the education safeguarding team based (virtually at present) within the Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub?
As a MASH Education support officer you will require a DBS, need to make a disclosure by association declaration and have the following skills:
- Knowledge and understanding of Education’s role in the themes linked with safeguarding specific issues and domestic abuse e.g. Operation Encompass and MARAC etc.
- Ability to use/interrogate data (Synergy) quickly, to obtain information about children and their safeguarding history.
- Professional curiosity in terms of ascertaining if information is current/matches with expected circumstances for the child.
- Ability to communicate with other schools/agencies/providers in order to impart/share information within guidelines and within agreed info sharing protocols
- Ability to analyse information from other agencies in order to decide if further action/intervention by school is required and suggest potential support/agencies schools may wish to provide/contact to mitigate effect of DA on pupil
If you can do all of the above whilst working remotely (due the ongoing Covid19 restrictions) we want to hear from you.
For an informal discussion, or further information about working in the (virtual) MASH environment please email Senior Practitioner email@example.com or call Lisa Harvey on 07747118729. Lisa will call you when she has a break in her MASH priorities)
A Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check will be required for this role.
NVQ 3/4 or above in Child Care/Youth work or other relevant Qualification or relevant experience.
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
30 hours per week
This advert will close as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org