Community Development Officer
Dudley Council has recently benefitted from £1.4 million National Lottery funding, with Council funding to £1.8m for the Stevens Park Quarry Bank Restoration Project. The funding is being used to restore the park and to refurbish and extend Tintern House to create a community café and meeting room.
The Council is working in partnership with the Emily Jordan Foundation Projects, a charity who will occupy Tintern House and who will be developing horticultural training opportunities, a bike recycling workshop as well as other opportunities to support people with learning disabilities to move closer towards work.
Hours: 14.8 per week (2 days a week for 3 years on a fixed term contract).
Salary: Grade 6
Location: Stevens Park, Quarry Bank, DY5 2JU
We require a Community Development Officer to deliver the Activity Plan for the Stevens Park Quarry Bank Restoration Project. The aim is to deliver a range of activities and events from the park to make the area more attractive and vibrant.
You will be required to review, revise and deliver the Activity Plan achieving the objectives by both increasing the diversity of people visiting the park, whilst creating opportunities for learning and involvement, including digital participation which has become increasingly important. The successful candidate -
- Will ideally have experience of working and engaging with diverse communities and groups using a variety of communication methods and platforms.
- Should be sociable, self-motivated and be able to prioritise and organise you own workload with minimum supervision but enjoy working as part of a team, liaising with colleagues and park user groups.
- Will be required to work on some weekends & evenings to deliver activities & events.
- Should hold a Degree, HND or have significant experience in an environmental subject/heritage/ leisure or community development.
- Should have supervisory and/or management skills and an ability to coordinate and supervise groups of volunteers/participants.
- Should also have a working knowledge and ability in Microsoft Word & Excel.
N.B. We reserve the right to close this vacancy prior to the advertised date should we receive a large number of applications.
For further information or for an informal discussion contact Robert Tilley on 01384 816938 or email Robert.Tilley@dudley.gov.uk.
Online application forms will only be accepted for this vacancy, online facilities for jobs are available at public libraries within the Dudley Borough.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk.
If you are experiencing a problem whilst applying for a position, please follow the link below to the WM Jobs Help Page in the first instance; https://www.wmjobs.co.uk/staticpages/20563/help/.
If the WM Jobs Help Page does not resolve your issue then please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk.
Dudley Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at https://www.dudley.gov.uk/