Attendance Support & Inclusion Officer - Woodlands Primary
2 days left
Woodlands Primary & Nursery School
Telephone: (01952) 386070.
Headteacher: Mrs Yvonne Crilly
Attendance Support and Inclusion Officer
32.50 hours per week, working from 8.30-3.30pm
Scale 6 (Point 18 - 22), currently £18,711 - £20,987, dependant on experience
Term time only, plus 1 week, permanent position
We are seeking an empathetic, approachable person to implement strategies to achieve and maintain good levels of school attendance. You will join a fantastic team of support staff at our school who really want to make a difference to young people’s lives. You will play a vital role at Woodlands, promoting positive attitudes towards high levels of regular school attendance, supporting our pupils and their families to improve their children’s access to learning. You will liaise with external agencies to reduce absence and improve social and educational inclusion for individual students. You will also be linking and liaising closely with our families to develop and to undertake work/care/support programmes, to enable access to learning for all pupils and to assist in the engagement of parents in the school community. Work may be carried out in the classroom or outside the main teaching area.
The post will involve:-
• Promoting positive attitudes towards high levels of regular school attendance, supporting our pupils and their families to improve their children’s access to learning;
• to ensure that the Education Authority fulfils its obligations under all relevant legislation;
• School Council (pupil voice);
• Safeguarding Council etc. – anti-bullying;
• pupil questionnaires;
• work alongside the Inclusion Team to supervise and provide particular support for pupils, including those with additional needs, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities;
• assist with the development and implementation of Individual Education/Behaviour Plans and Personal Care programmes;
• establish constructive relationships with pupils and their families and interact with them according to individual needs;
• promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils;
• encourage pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher;
• set challenging and demanding expectations and promote self-esteem and independence;
• provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under guidance of the teacher;
• co-ordination of Family Learning Programmes.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with experienced caring, supportive staff and fantastic children at this busy school. Some voluntary or experience of working in a similar field is an advantage, but a willingness to learn and contribute to our school an essential.
For further in information on the role please click on the links below.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such all applicants who are appointed to this post will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) before the appointment is confirmed. This check will include details of cautions, reprimands or warnings, as well as convictions and non-conviction information. Once provisionally appointed, the successful applicant(s) may also be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure at predetermined intervals during the course of their employment whilst in this post.
For an APPLICATION PACK you can download by clicking onto the links below. Alternatively, contact Vanessa Bradley, School Business Manager on 01952 386072 or email: email@example.com.
Completed forms are to be returned to Woodlands Primary School & Nursery School or e-mailed to the above person.
Closing date for the above post: Noon, Monday 21st June 2021
Interviews will take place: Thursday 24th June 2021