Lunchtime Supervisor, Silvertrees Academy
5 days left
Silvertrees Academy is a thriving three form entry Infant and Nursery school.
Ofsted agreed that the quality of our provision and learning was good in April 2019. Our school is a uniquely designed open plan building with a dedicated, hardworking staff team and a very good reputation in the local community.
We are currently looking for someone to join our team as a Lunchtime Supervisory Assistant. You will need to be a patient, friendly, caring and enthusiastic person who is determined to build good relationships with our children.
The duties involve the safe supervision of pupils during the lunch period and also include the following:
• Working under the direction of the Senior/Principal Supervisory Assistant to supervise children during the school lunch time;
• Supervision of hand-washing before and after meals;
• Escorting children to and from their classrooms to the dinner hall;
• Assisting the children with table manners and the correct use of cutlery;
• Supervision of trays and cutlery to the ‘Returns’ counter;
• Cleaning up any spillages that occur;
• Supervision of children before and after the meal including playground duty;
• Organising and engaging children in games and activities during lunchtime;
• Reinforcing and modelling positive behaviour expectations of children;
• Undertaking minor first aid duties when required;
• Undertaking any appropriate supervisory assistant training, including Safeguarding Training.
Silvertrees Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable groups including children; all staff must share this commitment. An Enhanced DBS check is required for this role.
This post requires a Children’s Barring List Check. If you are barred from working with children you are breaking the law if you apply for this post
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Applications will only be accepted if they are in correct format downloaded from below and must be emailed to: matt@Silvertreesacademy.co.uk. Any applications not received on the correct form will not be considered.
Please ensure application forms are signed if sending via email.
If you are successful in being short-listed for interview, you will be contacted via email within 28 working days of the closing date. Please ensure you check your junk/spam boxes as well as your inbox incase any correspondence has been delivered there.
Hours: 6.25 per week (1.25 hrs per day) Monday – Friday, Term Time Only
Salary: Grade B, SCP 2-4 (£18,198 - £18,933 pa). - Actual Salary £2,672 - £2,816 p.a.
Location: Silvertrees Academy Silvertrees Road Tipton DY4 8NH
Closing date for applications: Monday 28th June @ 12:00 noon
Interviews: Monday 5th July 2021