SEND Designated Social Care Officer (DSCO)
An exciting opportunity has become available in a busy Special Educational Needs team. You will be part of a team working with children and young people between the ages of 0-25 years with SEND. This role will support in framing and developing social care elements of the SEND strategy across the local authority and directly inform and influence the direction of wider SEND services across the local area.
You will have knowledge and understanding of the statutory regulations around school exclusions and be able to identify areas of collaboration and improvement with social care.
- Have a degree in Social Work, Dip SW, CQSW or equivalent with a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience
- Hold GSCE English and Maths qualifications
- Have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of both social care operations and the SEND reforms
- Need to be self-motivated and organised with effective communication skills both written and verbally
- Have initiative and problem-solving skills
- Have a positive, energetic and enthusiastic outlook
We will offer you:
- An Excellent Induction plan
- Regular supervision
- Supportive Management direction
- Generous employee benefits, including annual leave and family friendly policies
- Supportive Health & Wellbeing
An Enhanced DBS with Children's Barring List check will be required for this role.
For further details please see Job Description and Personnel Specification.
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
37 hours per week
This advert will close as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: email@example.com