Night Support Worker - Children & Young People
We are currently recruiting and need staff to help with our expansion. You will need to be prepared to work shifts, weekends and Bank Holidays on a rota basis. Which will also include sleeping in.
You will need to be a team player and preferably have some experience of working with young people in a residential setting. Ideally we would like you to have the required qualification - either NVQ/QCF Level 3 or equivalent. If you do not have a qualification, we are a City and Guilds Approved QCF Assessment Centre and you will be enrolled onto the Level 3 following successful completion of your probation period.
We also offer an excellent induction, with on going training provided.
We are recruiting at the moment for Night Care Workers, you will need to be ready to work 4 nights on and 4 nights off as a set pattern.
- Sensitivity and empathy
- Sense of fairness and honesty
- Flexibility and adaptability in interpersonal behaviour
- Sense of humour
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Basic numeric skills
- Observational skills
- Listening skills
- Physical ability to respond to challenging or dangerous behaviour
- Ability to develop rapport with young people
- Good emotional and behavioural self-control
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Willingness to sleep in
- Domestic skills (e.g. ironing, shopping and cooking skills)
- QCF/NVQ Level 3 Diploma in the Children and Young People's Workforce or equivalent qualifications (willingness to work towards this qualification on successful completion of probation period)
- Previous residential work experience with children and young people
- Understanding of relevant child care legislation
- Understanding of childhood developmental issues
- Organisational skills
- Interests and hobbies (e.g. model-making, art, music)
- Valid, full clean driving licence
Job Type / Category
Salary: £18,000.00 to £19,500.00 annually.
- This is a private care company that looks after and cares for children and young people
- Permanent vacancies (days & nights)
- Bank staff vacancies (days & nights)
- 4 shifts on; 4 shifts off for night staff
We have an excellent reputation with local authorities - local and throughout the UK.
Excellent working environment
It is our company policy that all staff have the COVID 19 Vaccine
We conduct twice weekly Lateral Flow Testing
PPE is provided and worn in the homes.
In order to apply, please submit application form to firstname.lastname@example.org