Clerk to the Governors
7 days left
65 hours a year, term time only
Required from 1st September 2021
The Governing Body of this happy, successful primary school are seeking to appoint a highly organised and self-motivated Clerk to join our caring, friendly and dedicated team.
The Clerk is accountable to the Governing Body, working effectively with the Chair of Governors, the Head teacher and the other Governors. This part-time role is for 65 hours a year, covering 5 full Governing Body meetings and 12 Committee meetings per school year. Meetings are held in term time.
The successful candidate will:
- Possess good oral and written communication skills
- Produce and circulate agendas
- Record and construct the minutes and circulate papers in the agreed timescale
- Have the ability to word-process and communicate via email
- Maintain relevant communication with the LA and the Diocese
- Acquire knowledge of procedures and policies affecting Governing Bodies, so advice and guidance can be given
- Have the ability and discretion to manage sensitive information
We can offer:
- A caring school with a strong Catholic Ethos
- A supportive and skilled Governing Body
- Opportunities for further professional development
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments to this post will be subject to enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks and references.
Visits to the school are warmly encouraged. Please contact the office to arrange an appointment. TEL: 01905 25841 or email: email@example.com
Closing date for application: Wednesday 30th June 2021