1:1 Support Assistant
7 days left
Salary details: Grade 1
Start Date: 1st September 2021 (subject to schools being open and operational)
26.25 hours per week - Term time + TEDS
Temporary Contract in the first instance
We have an exciting opportunity for a 1:1 Support Assistant at Cranham Primary School, the school is part of The Rivers CofE Academy family of schools. Cranham is a large two form entry school with a full-time nursery and an Early Years Language centre. We have large airy classrooms and extensive grounds which help enhance our pupils’ learning experience. We are very proud of our ‘Good’ rating from OFSTED (June 2019).
What are we looking for:
We require an enthusiastic, experienced, Support Assistant who is looking for an exciting new opportunity. The vacancy will be in Year 1 in the mornings with Gertrude (not her real name!) and in Year 2 in the afternoons with Farcroix (not his real name!) both have an EHCP. Gertrude needs support with her language and communication needs and supporting transitions. In return Gertrude will offer you lots of smiles a happy demeanour and enthusiasm for learning. Farcroix has a diagnosis of ASD, he requires a firm, but very fair individual to guide him through the school day. There are times when Farcroix likes to be the one who makes decisions and likes his own way. However, he is also very loving, he enjoys looking after his peers and is a very bright little boy with an infectious laugh. Both Gertrude and Farcroix will be supported by a different individual for the times not advertised here, this is to promote some independence and not becoming over reliant on the same adult.
You will have:
- Previous experience of working with younger children.
- Able to work effectively within a small team and know when to lead and when to support colleagues.
- Have excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Flexible and creative with the ability to meet the needs of the child at a moment’s notice.
- Positive, reliable and hard working
- Understanding of how children learn and develop
- Understanding of individual pupils’ needs
- A sense of humour and a smiley, happy demeanour are essential.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working under the guidance and support of the class teacher
- You may be asked to work with individual pupils or small groups.
- You will assist the class teacher in delivering an exciting child centred curriculum
- You will be expected to make observations on pupils’ progress
- You will be responsible for ensuring our pupils’ social and emotional needs are met
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS, where appropriate.
For further information or to apply for the role please contact Lyn Seymour firstname.lastname@example.org
Unfortunately, due to the current Covid-19 situation we are unable to offer visits to the school but please read our OFSTED report and visit our website.
Closing date: Wednesday 23rd June 2021
Interview Date – TBC
Please note if you have not been contacted by school by 5pm on Wednesday 23rd, then you have not been successfully shortlisted on this occasion.