One to One Teaching Assistant (Additional Needs) - St Mary's CE (A) Primary School - Mucklestone
St. Mary’s CE (A) Primary School, Mucklestone
Job Title: One to One Teaching Assistant (Additional Needs)
Salary: £18,426 (£9.55/hr)
Hours per week: 32.5 Hours per week (job share considered)
Type of Contract: Casual contract from 1st September 2021
About the role:
The Governors of St. Mary’s CE (A) Primary School are seeking to recruit an experienced, enthusiastic and motivated One to One Teaching Assistant to support a pupil to achieve EHCP targets and to enjoy school life to the full.
St Mary’s is a modern village school located in a beautiful rural location near Market Drayton. Our whole school community is committed to achieving the best for our pupils. Our children are engaged and enthusiastic, taught by a dedicated and creative team and supported by a proactive governing body. Parents play an active role in the life of the school.
Our staff work as a team to teach through an exciting curriculum, utilising our extensive school grounds, to excite and motivate children. We are an inclusive school that works in partnership with parents and the wider community.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
- Has NVQ3 (or equivalent) in a relevant childcare or teaching assistant qualification.
- Has a commitment/interest in providing proactive support to children with special educational needs.
- Will receive and supervise the pupil when excluded from, or otherwise not working to, a normal timetable.
- Will attend to the pupil’s personal needs and provide advice to assist in their social, health and hygiene development. This will include nappy changing and supervision whilst eating.
- Has high expectations and who shares our commitment to high standards of behaviour and achievement;
- In conjunction with the teacher, will support the development and implementation of an individual EHCP.
- Is able to uphold and promote the Christian values of a Church of England school;
Experience of working with a child with an EHCP and challenging behaviour would be essential.
Additional Information & How to Apply
Visits to the school are actively encouraged. Please telephone for an appointment.
For further information about the role please contact Mrs Clare Hill, the Headteacher, on 01630 672126 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Thursday 17th June 2021 Interview Date: Tuesday 29th June 2021
Criminal Records Disclosure
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This role requires an enhanced Criminal Records Disclosure