SYOS Practitioner (Youth Justice
Staffordshire Youth Offending Service (SYOS)
SYOS Practitioner (Youth Justice) Grade 7 £23,541 - £27,041
37 hours per week
We are looking to recruit to the above position. We have a full-time vacancy in the South Hub.
The candidate will need to have:
- Relevant experience/qualifications relating to work with children/young people
- Possess key skills equivalent to Level 2 in English, Maths, Communication, and IT
The role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
As part of Staffordshire County Council, the Service operates within Families First and is an integral part of the Early Help Specialist Safeguarding Delivery Service.
Staffordshire’s Youth Offending Service is one of the largest Youth Justice Services in England and therefore there are excellent career opportunities for highly motivated and experienced staff to join a good Youth Offending Service. The most recent inspection completed stated that “there remained a competent and committed workforce dedicated to doing their best for children and young people in Staffordshire. Assessment, planning and review were done to a very high standard”.
We are looking for an appropriately experienced/qualified individual to work across Staffordshire, with a base at the South (Lichfield) Operations Hub. You will be required to work flexibly, with some evening and weekend duties, on a planned basis.
As part of this role you will be expected to: -
- Case manage children subject to out of court disposals, community based and custodial sentences.
- Have the skills to develop and maintain positive working relationships with complex children subject to SYOS interventions.
- Have the skills to work in partnership with other agencies
- Act as Duty Officer and Appropriate Adult (PACE) in line with Service requirements
- Offer support to children subject to intensive community interventions (including weekends and Bank Holiday cover)
- Provide high quality and timely assessments (Asset Plus) and reports, including Pre-Sentence and Referral Order Panel.
- Contribute to the development of Restorative Justice and trauma-informed practices.
We are looking for individuals who are enthusiastic, committed and motivated to make a difference to the lives of children and families across Staffordshire. Experience of working with complex and challenging young people is valuable but having the above attributes is more important.
As part of this role you will receive: -
- Planned induction
- Regular supervision
- Training opportunities
- Competitive salary
- Essential user car allowance
For an informal discussion about this role please contact:
Simon Woollett Operations Manager (South Hub) 01543 510103
This position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.
Closing date: Friday 9th July 2021
Interview dates: Tuesday 27th and Wednesday 28th July 2021