Planning Obligations Support Officer
Planning Obligation Support Officer
NJC Scale 6 £24,982 - £27,041 per annum
37 hours per week
Working in the Development Management Business Support team the post holder will carry out a range of duties which include;
- Interpreting, administering and monitoring Planning Obligations (Section 106 Agreements) for all development activities across the Borough as set out by statute and as locally determined by the planning authority.
- Providing an effective and efficient function for the collection, monitoring and spending of these monies.
- The administration and monitoring of finances in relation to S38/S278 agreements, for highways works in the borough.
- The administration of all Development Management fees and income.
- The delivery of Parish and Town Council Liaison Services
- The investigation and responses to comments, complaints, MP and Councillor enquiries, identifying any business improvement requirements and notifying relevant managers.
- Assist in the financial monitoring of Section 106 accounts, unilateral undertakings, memos of understanding, developer contributions and non- financial obligations on all development activities throughout the Borough
- Monitor commencements, completions and occupations on site to calculate monies due, to collect, release and ensure the timely spend of S106 monies on behalf of the whole authority
- Raise invoices as required for all units within the department.
- Regularly monitor apT contracts, ensuring payments for completed work are invoiced and collected.
- Prepare apt income reports for apT Business Manager.
- Working alongside the Business Monitoring and Engagement Officer to monitor and provide responses to complaints, FOI’s, enquiries from members, local communities and the Public, to ensure responses are delivered within corporate timescales.
- Develop professional relationships and work with Parish and Town Councils providing a point of contact for all planning related issues
The post holder will have-
- Full AAT qualification with Associate membership as a minimum.
- Active compliance with COD requirements of professional body.
- Essential experience of working in a financial environment
- Dealing with a wide range of customers in a political environment.
- Proven experience of producing and analysing statistical reports
- Experience of Databases, Microsoft office applications
- Knowledge of Development Management and S106 procedures
- Income and expenditure accounts experience.
- Report and letter writing skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior management, external organisations, employees, customers, District, Town and Parish Councillors and MP’s
For further information please contact Sue Overton on 01952 384555 or sue.overton@telford,gov.uk