Business Administration Apprentice Level 3
We are looking for apprentices to join our Resources Directorate.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience across several departments of the Directorate including Finance and Human Resources to name a few whilst undertaking a Level 3 Business Administration qualification.
The role will require you to undertake a range of administrative duties including: dealing with face to face queries and phone calls, producing and distributing written documents, making appointments and room bookings and processing invoices.
You will need to demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills and be able to prioritise your workload. In addition, you will need to be able to work as part of a team.
You also need English and Maths GCSE grades A-C/4-9 or equivalent and be able to use Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
In return we offer the following:
- Apprenticeship training to achieve a level 3 qualification in Business Administration
- The opportunity at the end of the Apprenticeship to apply for a permanent role within the Resources Directorate
- Potential career progression pathway if you were successful in obtaining a permanent role
- 24 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) rising to 29 days after 5 years’ service with the option to purchase up to 10 days additional annual leave
- A great working environment, together with a range of flexible working options, attractive staff discounts and benefits including a career average pension scheme, discounted travel for bus and train travel and flexi time
Our first cohort on this bespoke programme have just completed their apprenticeship and are now securing permanent positions with us. Some of their quotes are below:
- Enjoyed being in a cohort with the other apprentices
- Variety of placements were good
- Support from managers at the Council was good especially in view of the pandemic and the difficulties that brought
- Regular update meetings with us were useful especially at the beginning of apprenticeship
- Has boosted confidence and enhanced personal skills
- Lucky to have had this opportunity – gained lots of experience
For further details on apprenticeships at Solihull Council, please visit our apprenticeship microsite https://socialsolihull.org.uk/apprenticeships/ where you will be able to read case studies from apprentices and managers and further details regarding our bespoke apprentice workshops.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 4 July 2021
Shortlisting will take place w/c 5 July 2021
Interviews will take place on Thursday 15 and Friday 16 July 2021
For an informal discussion about this opportunity please contact
Tracey Getlevog on 0121 704 6420;or
Teresa Markham on 0121 704 8436.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.