Deputy Head Teacher - Forest Oak School
£65735.00 - £72497.00 p.a. Incremental progression is dependent on performance.
32.5 Hours per Week
Start date: January 2022
Forest Oak is a vibrant, inclusive special school for pupils with moderate learning difficulties, aged from 4-18 years. Ofsted judged the school to be Outstanding (2011, 2014, 2019). We are Federated with Merstone school, for pupils with SLD, with whom we share a campus. We have a well resourced building – purpose built in 2006.
The governors are seeking to appoint a Deputy Head Teacher who will play a key role in the continuing development of the school. Key responsibilities will include being one of the schools DSL, leadership of the outstanding curriculum together with accreditation throughout the school.
We are looking for a Deputy Head Teacher who is:
• highly motivated with proven ability to lead and inspire others
• experienced in leading and managing school improvement
• passionate about enabling pupils to overcome challenges and experience success
• an exemplary practitioner with SEN teaching experience
• committed to the safeguarding of pupils
• able to analyse data and use findings to further support school improvement
We offer you a school community with:
• partnership working at the heart of all we do
• very supportive parents/ carers/ Governors
• an ethos committed to supporting the mental health and well-being of the whole community
• a pupil centred approach to school improvement
• a creative and supportive team committed to enabling all pupils to achieve
• a strong commitment to professional development opportunities for all
• pupils who enjoy their learning and value their relationships with us
Subject to an enhanced DBS.
“Keeping our children safe everyday”
Closing date: 12noon 5th July 2021
Interviews: 13th July 2021
Would you like to be part of the team?
Application details: If you would like to find out more, through an informal chat/ visit, contact Jill Lambert, office manager. Visits to the school are available by arrangement (within Covid safe guidelines)
For further information please contact us at:
0121 717 0088
This post will require an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring check.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Solihull Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.