Social Work Unit Manager (Adults)
Social Work Unit Manager
Full time permanent position
Salary: £44,863 - £48,847
An exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint a Social Work Unit Manager based within Adult Social care in the North and West Locality teams of Wolverhampton.
The role is an operational management position:
• To ensure a high quality and effective social work service to respond to the needs of adult’s, families and carers in a timely manner and within statutory guidelines.
• To promote the 3 Conversations model, offer consultancy, support, coaching and development to the Social Work Unit and other professionals within the locality.
• To manage the social work unit and to prioritise tasks and responsibilities within the unit in line with departmental objectives.
• To work closely with other allied health professionals to ensure the best outcomes for adults, families and carers . Working as part of the 3Cs approach, you will manage the day to day operational duties of the team, including supervisory responsibilities and providing an expert, consultative role in the delivery of strengths based Social Work model for adults with a variety of needs.
• Hold a recognised social work qualification and be HCPC registered
• Have managerial or supervisory experience (including experience of supervising students) to provide professional leadership.
• Ability to manage complex caseloads and challenging allocations
• Have substantial experience of working with adults and their carers including individuals with Learning disabilities.
• Be fully committed to promoting independence, wellbeing and reablement
• Have the ability to manage team budgets
• Be innovative and flexible
If you would like further information about this post then please contact Ben Ngundu on 01902 552922/ 07584175347. Previous applicants need not apply.
Job Description and Person Specification