SEMH Mentors/Learning Support Assistants
We are seeking to appoint a well‐qualified, highly motivated, professional who has experience of working with children with SEMH needs to our school from September 2021. We welcome applications from all excellent classroom practitioners, particularly those who are keen to inspire learners through 1:1 support, group mentoring, implementing creative and personalised activities and supporting progress through high quality assessment and feedback.
We are a forward thinking Independent School, providing alternative education for learners from across the Black Country and beyond. We have a highly committed and enthusiastic staff team. We operate across 2 sites and offer provision for KS3 and KS4.
Learners join our school on a full time permanent basis, or whilst they are awaiting to be allocated an alternative school place. We also offer school places for children with SEND.
We are looking to appoint 3x enthusiastic Mentors and Learning Support Assistants who will:
- Have in-depth knowledge about social, emotional and mental health needs of young people in an educational environment
- Have the ability to support in a nurturing environment, balancing academic progress with SEMH progress
- Be an outstanding practitioner with a breadth of experience
- Have the ability to support in core subjects as well as PSHE, RSE and SEMH thematic lessons
- Be passionate about supporting learners, bringing energy, enthusiasm and new ideas to the classroom and school
- Be ambitious for themselves and their learners, wanting the best outcomes for all whatever their backgrounds or barriers to learning.
- Have great skill in managing behaviour in the classroom, with knowledge of de-escalation techniques.
Impact Independent School is a great place to work. We are continually raising standards to produce the highest levels of learner achievement and are seeking to appoint a highly motivated professional who shares our aims and our ethos.