Senior Social Worker
The service works closely with a Multi Disciplinary Team supporting adults with a range of disabilities who require ongoing co-ordination of their care and support needs or who have a level of complexity to their needs that require specialist intervention.
Your role is vital in supporting the Assistant Team Manager/Manager to deliver a service which helps adults in the Dudley Borough to achieve an optimum level of independence.
We are seeking an exemplary practitioner who will provide leadership and professional knowledge to colleagues , promote innovation and facilitate reflective practice in order to support people to achieve positive outcomes and a good quality of life.
Dudley MBC is totally committed to the development and wellbeing of its staff / managers and has an effective agile working policy in place. Dudley MBC has a good reputation for the retention of its staff, creating a culture of strong working relationships and creating a caring environment for staff to thrive in.
- You will need to be a qualified Social Worker with a HCPC Registration.
- Post qualification experience as a Social Worker and preferably some experience of working with people with a range of disabilities / complex needs.
- Be able to make effective and informed decisions for interventions in complex situations and in response to challenge and take accountability for your decisions.
- Lead safeguarding investigations and coordinate planning in accordance with Policy.
Please see the Job Description and person specification for the full list of requirements.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Our Offer to you
- Staff hold manageable caseloads
- Agile working policy / Arrangements in place
- Access to regular supervision and a full induction
- Mentoring and personal development
- Supportive Leadership Team
- Access to opportunities for Learning and Development in post for career progression and ongoing development
- Competitive Salary
- Friendly, caring and supportive environment to work within.
- Generous Annual leave
- Excellent local government pension scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
For further information please contact Donna Patel on 01384 81 3252 or via email on: donna.patel @dudley.gov.uk
This post is subject to medical clearance and an enhanced DBS check.
NB: We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the advertised date if a large number of applications are received.
Online application forms will only be accepted for this vacancy. If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the HR Resourcing Team on 01384 811300 (select option 2, then option 1) or via email to: HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
The Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at http://www.dudley.gov.uk/Supporting documents
Senior Social Worker Job Description
Senior Social Worker Person Specification