Business Transformation Department
37 hours per week
Grade 9 £34,196 – £37,858 per annum
6 Months Fixed Term Contract
Are you a focused and dynamic Software Developer who thrives on change? Are you committed to the delivery of customer focused service improvement? If so, this is an exciting and challenging time for you to join us where you will have the opportunity to impact change and bring about improvements.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Business Transformation Department for a dynamic and resourceful Software Developer to support the delivery of ICT Services at both Bromsgrove District and Redditch Borough Councils.
Working across both Councils you will be expected to carry out in-house design, development and implement applications which provide solutions to the business improvement. You will be expected to promote the use of technology to support the delivery of shared services and business transformation.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Software development skills in .NET applications (predominantly C#).
- Database experience (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL)
- Entity Framework
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new technologies when required.
- Ability to accurately estimate the time and effort involved in tasks.
- Good project management skills.
- Good knowledge of OOP principles
- Good knowledge of Visual Studio and the Microsoft .NET Stack
- Excellent communication, time management and organisational skills.
- Good problem solving capabilities with the ability to think innovatively and to be methodical.
- Be able to work well as part of a team; being a true team player helping out colleagues when the team is under pressure to deliver.
- Experience using software source control applications.
- Problem solving ability with an attention to detail
- Adaptability and the ability to work independently
- TDD / BDD.
- Web Services
- Web APIs
- Agile Methodologies
Your experience of issues affecting local government and ability to plan modern ICT business change projects will be pivotal in ensuring first class customer service is delivered at all times.
The shared ICT team at Bromsgrove and Redditch are currently involved in the implementation and support of a number of exciting projects using leading edge technologies.
A proven ability to plan, organise and manage priorities is essential along with excellent analytical skills and the ability to present complex information to a wide range of audiences both verbally and in writing.
The post holders will have access to the PSN connected network. As such there is a Cabinet Office requirement to be validated to the Baseline Security Standard (BPSS). The BPSS is the minimum standard to ensure the identity and integrity of an employee who has access to official information. This includes identity check, national and immigration status, employment history (3 years) and verification of criminal record (unspent convictions only). Therefore, a basic Scottish Disclosure is needed for these posts.
For further information and to request for a paper application pack please email email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 16th January 2017
Applications to be received by 12:00 midnight
Interviews to take place on Monday 23rd January 2017
If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, you should assume that your application was not successful on this occasion.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all Sections of the Community.
For a full list of all our vacancies click on the “Recruiters A-Z” Tab and select “Bromsgrove and Redditch Councils”
Software Developer Job Description Person Specification