Finance Assistant & Auditor
We have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Assistant and Auditor to join the team and support the Head of Finance, Finance Team Leader and other senior staff as required. Providing financial, administrative and audit services in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial and audit operations. Along with guidance and support to the wider finance team and other staff. This post will be fully funded by National Lottery Community Fund and European Social Fund (ESF). Fixed term until July 2022 with a possible extension to June 2023.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Processing grant claims and ensuring financial compliance.
- Processing and assisting on all of Landau’s funded project and financial claims.
- Acting as the first point of contact for grant holders, partners and funders (from a finance perspective). Including leading on audits and ensuring requirements & deadlines are met.
- Supporting partners, grant holders and funders periodically via telephone, email and on site (as required).
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of internal financial controls, procedures & schedules.
- Processing and having appropriately authorised invoices, receipts and other finance documents (including but limited to staff expenses, credit card statements, bursary forms, annexes etc.).
- Entering data, maintaining financial records and assist with account reconciliations.
- Keeping abreast of, understanding and communicating financial rules and regulation updates (or changes) to grant holders, partners & colleagues. Including presenting as deemed necessary.
- Performing the ordering of goods & services and administering petty cash transactions (as required).
- Represent Landau at partnership and other meetings (as required).
- Provide cover across the finance team and cover the finance telephone line & inbox.
- Adhere to the companies or organisation’s financial policies and procedures.
- Answer questions and provide assistance to stakeholders, customers and service users as needed.
- Attend finance department and company-wide meetings, sometimes assisting with financial reporting to managers and senior staff.
- Other duties as required and not limited to finance department.
Full time hours: 37 per week
Salary: £24,600 - £26,500
This is a fixed term post until July 2022 with a possible extension to June 2023.
This post will be fully funded by National Lottery Community Fund and European Social Fund (ESF).
The posts will commence on the successful candidates earliest available date
Please complete the job application and submit your CV via this link https://form.jotform.com/211151369421346