Dudley MBC Catering and Cleaning Services, provide school meals to schools across Dudley , our is to provide a high quality service at all times ensuring legislation is met, including adherence to the school food standards.
Hours: 720 hours per year - (average 22 hours a week)
Salary: Grade 7
We are looking to appoint Activity Leader at Astley Burf
You main duties include:
- Liaise with school and visit schools to promote the centre and presentations to parents prior to visits.
- Meet the groups on the groups on the first day. Co-ordinate arrival and organisation of the group. Familiarise staff and children with procedures and routines of site and Health & Safety guidelines and policies.
- Organise and lead on selected activities, including archery, climbing etc.
- Carry out minor repairs where necessary.
- Liaise with the Business Co-ordinator on the calendar of bookings.
- Liaise with Assistant Activity Leaders.
- Experience of leading groups of children and young people.
- Planning activity programmes suitable for children and young people.
- Dealing with group leaders face to face and on the telephone.
- Experience in delivering a range of child centred outdoor activities, or be willing to train.
- Up to date knowledge of Child Protection procedures and health and safety requirements, or be willing to train.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and vulnerable adults; therefore the post is subject to medical clearance and an enhanced DBS check.
NB. We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the advertised closing date should a large number of applications be received
Online application forms will only be accepted for this vacancy, online facilities for jobs are available at public libraries within the Dudley Borough.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
If you are experiencing a problem whilst applying for a position, please follow the link below to the WM Jobs Help Page in the first instance; https://www.wmjobs.co.uk/staticpages/20563/help/
If the WM Jobs Help Page does not resolve your issue then please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
The Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at http://www.dudley.gov.uk/