Level 2 Teaching Assistant
Hawbush Primary School is on a journey of significant improvement and is going from strength to strength. We are situated in a purpose-built school building with outstanding facilities in the middle of the Hawbush estate within the Dudley borough. Our pupils join us from age 2 in Time for Twos and can progress up to the age of 11 in Year 6. We also have a purpose built SEMH provision on site.
The role will consist of supporting pupils in their first stages of learning.
This role is a zero hours contract, based within our Nursery/Time for Twos unit and will involve supporting the Nursery Teacher and Nursery HLTA in leading the learning for our youngest children. The ability to support groups and lead small groups is essential.
We are looking for someone with:
* Experience within the EYFS
* Demonstrable experience of working with or caring with children of a relevant age.
* General understanding of School policies and procedures relating to health and safety, behaviour, attendance, equal opportunities and child protection.
* General understanding of national/foundation stage curriculum and other basic learning programmes/strategies.
* Basic understanding of child development and learning.
* A basic knowledge of first aid
* Ability to use relevant technology e.g. computer/keyboard/photocopier/video.
* Demonstrate good numerical and verbal reasoning skills
* Literacy skills e.g. by qualification or testing with the ability to produce documentation to a good standard
* Ability to use relevant technology and able to demonstrate knowledge and use a wide range of ICT systems and solutions
Closing date: 31/08/2021
Employment Start Date: September 2021
Unfortunately due to Covid-19 restrictions, visits to view the setting are not permitted at the moment, however please visit our website to view the 'virtual tour'. Please feel free to email the Head Teacher at firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries or questions you may have.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children; therefore the post is subject to medical clearance and an enhanced DBS check.
NB: We reserve the right to close vacancies before the advertised date if a large number of applications have been received.
Job Description & Person Specification