Nutritionist (Food Compliance)
37.0 Hours per Week
Location – Flexible / Agile
Do you have a recognised nutrition qualification and a passion for promoting a healthy lifestyle?
We are looking for a Nutritionist (Food Compliance) to join our team at Solihull Catering Service, an established caterer for Solihull Metro Borough Council.
In this great role, you will use your nutrition knowledge and expertise to manage the food provision for education, compiling Menu’s and promoting Healthy eating and lifestyle through food.
You will be:
- Creating new Menus that are on trend and suitable for both children and adults, whilst ensuring they are cost effective and compliant with school food standards.
- Engaging with key stakeholders to create new revenue opportunities and seek out national trends, best practice and current thinking.
- Actively engaging with the Operations Team to ensure all dietary needs are catered for, producing recipes and documents with the detail needed such as allergens and ingredients
- Ensuring that Solihull Catering is compliant with relevant legislation at all times
- Assisting with the training of onsite catering teams to ensure an understanding of nutrition and actively engaging with schools to promote healthy eating and wellbeing.
This is a diverse and varied role where you can really be involved in helping shape the future of Solihull Catering Service.
You will have:
- A Nutrition Qualification (NVQ Level 3 or above)
- A proven track record in engaging stakeholders in nutrition and healthy eating
- Experience of menu development
- Great interpersonal skills with effective communication across all levels of stakeholders and senior management
- A knowledge of associated software systems to ensure compliance with current legislation
We also offer:
- Flexible working, including flexi leave up to 24 days per year and agile working arrangements
- Generous annual leave entitlements with opportunity to buy up to 10 days additional leave per year
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service
- Family and carer friendly policies
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee benefits including subsidised travel passes, Cycle 2 Work Scheme and a staff discount card.
This role is based mainly in the Solihull borough, however Solihull Catering Service also support a number of schools in Coventry and Warwickshire. Whilst there is no excessive travelling, you will be expected to visit our customers on a regular basis.
To apply, please click on the link below. If you have a specific question regarding this post, please contact Amanda Kacoulli - Operations Manager on 0121 704 6225
Interview Date: w/c 2nd August 2021
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, our interview process is kept under constant review and alternatives to face to face interviews such as video conferencing / virtual interviews may be required. The interview process for this role will be confirmed upon shortlisting based on the guidance at that time and shortlisted candidates will be informed and advised accordingly.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
The Fluency Duty is outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers. The Fluency Duty for this role is Required .
This post requires the following Disclosure and Barring check: DBS Enhanced Children .
Solihull Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job Description & Person Specification