Environmental Business Support Officer
Environmental Business Support Officer
Salary: Grade 10 starting at £37,890 per annum rising to £41,881
37 Hours per week – Fixed Term to 30th June 2023
Staffordshire County Council is one of the largest local authorities in the UK with an ambitious vision for Staffordshire and its people, and achievement of that vision is underpinned by the support of the County Council’s Economy, Infrastructure and Skills Directorate (EIS). The County Council has a vacancy in its Business & Enterprise Support Team which is part of EIS.
The activity of the Business & Enterprise Support Team makes a significant contribution towards two of the County Council’s priority objectives to access more good jobs and to create conditions for economic growth. We are seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated person to join the team.
A fixed term post has been developed for the Business & Enterprise team. It is called the Environmental Business Support Officer and the key elements of the job description are shown below. The main activities of the job include:
- To develop and maintain a business plan and budget for the Staffordshire Business and Environment Network (SBEN) contributing to the forward planning of the network, in consultation with the organisers committee and the management team.
- To assist in the management of resources allocated to the network, exploring opportunities for sponsorship, grants and funding to secure the networks long term financial future to provide support for businesses in Staffordshire.
To maintain and develop partnerships, networks and a management structure to include chairing an Organisers Group to take forward new proposals for SBEN.
- To identify with new and existing businesses and organisations and nurture their development in improving competitiveness, profitability and environmental performance through recruitment to SBEN.
- To engage with a wide range of public and private sector partners to promote the benefits of SBEN across Staffordshire.
- Provide a strategic overview for the Low Carbon Business Evolution Project (LCBEP) programme delivery, identifying gaps and underperformance to ensure the programme is fully implemented.
Ensure compliance for LCBEP in line with ERDF rules and funding agreement including assessing eligibility of project enquiries in line with State Aid and National Eligibility Rules.
To act as compliance lead for the LCBEP Project. Checking quarterly claims and monitoring and ensuring projects partners complete quarterly claims and monitoring forms accurately and in accordance with their Grant Offer letters.
To apply for this post click on the ‘Apply’ button below.
By clicking on the apply button you will be redirected to Staffordshire County Councils online application website. Please note, you are only able to view the Job Description and Person Specification on the WM Jobs board NOT via Staffordshire County Council's online application site.
To submit your application you will need to register an account on the website (NB this is a separate login to WM Jobs).
We collect personal information from you when you register with us to make an application. Information we collect includes name, email address and other contact details. We will use this information to communicate with you generally and to assess your application.
By clicking on the Apply button and submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here
If you experience any technical issues accessing or completing the application form please contact email@example.com
Closing Date: Noon on 26th July 2021
Interview Date: 9th August 2021
For more information about the role please contact: Nicola Kent
Please be aware, only application forms completed online will be accepted. We will not accept CV’s or Word application forms.
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.