Level 2 Social Worker
4 days left
Do you fancy trying a new approach to working with older people within a hospital setting?
The Hospital Social Care team is currently pioneering a new approach to front line working which focuses on customer strengths and promoting use of universal services.
We have three hospital sites across Warwickshire County Council. We are dedicated and supportive teams. We aim to respond quickly and efficiently in offering strengths-based assessments & providing support to customers and their carers within fast paced environment.
The teams have a mixture of staff skill sets and roles that include:
Social Care Workers
Age UK social prescribers
About the role
Joining our established team, you'll be providing a social work service to a highly professional standard. Managing a caseload and travelling throughout the locality of North and South of Warwickshire depending on business need, you'll be working with older adults and their families and unpaid carers.
Undertaking and recording robust assessments and care and support planning will also be part of your role.
In addition, you'll be communicating with a wide variety of customers, communities, health partners and agencies as well as working on your own initiative, often in pressurised situations.
Team members are supported by their colleagues and Team Leaders who deliver regular supervision and day to day support. Staff also have access to regular training provided by Warwickshire County Council
- To be successful in this role it's essential you have a professional Social Work qualification and are registered with Social Work England.
- Be able to work 5 days over 7 days, to support a streamline service and support timely discharges. The hospital teams currently work one weekend in a Month (4 weekly Rota). Candidates should be prepared to work weekends
- To work closely with the Multidisciplinary Health & Social Care team
- To participate fully in the duties of the team, including team meetings and other meetings determined by the Team Leader and/or Operations Manager.
- Non-disabled applicants must be able to drive, have a full, valid driving licence and have a vehicle available for work. Disabled applicants must be able to travel in order to perform the functions of their role (with assistance where necessary).
- You will have a dynamic approach and will embrace our new way of working (Strength based Approach).
- You will be used to making difficult decisions and can work to tight deadlines.
- You'll also have adult social care experience and good Information Technology (IT) skills.
- Hospital Social Care Experience will be desirable- practitioners should be willing to learn within a fast-paced environment.
- In Warwickshire, we use the Mosaic IT System.
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
For further information about this role please contact hiring managers Liz McMahon 07880 470894 OR Kay Fitzpatrick 07717808404
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Closing Date: Monday 2nd August 2021
Interview dates: 16th and 18th August 2021
To apply for this vacancy please click on the 'Apply' button.
Our method of application is online, please note, CV’s should not been submitted unless asked to do so.
If you are unable to apply using the 'Apply' button please contact the Recruitment Centre on firstname.lastname@example.org including your contact details and any relevant screenshots.
You will be notified of our shortlisting decision via email, so please check your email on a regular basis after submitting your application.
As part of being a Disability Confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence in your application form which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required for each competence, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential in the person specification.
Should you require application forms in an alternative format / language or any adjustments to be made throughout the application process or upon appointment, please contact email@example.com and we will make every effort to meet your specific requirements.
Warwickshire County Council (WCC) is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees and is keen to address areas of under representation in its workforce, this is because we really understand the importance of different voices, experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds within our workforce. Therefore, we strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. WCC has a number of staff network groups which provide peer support and safe spaces for employees who hold these and other identities. See more.