HPS Care Facilities Assistant
Required: September 2021
10 hours per week 2.30pm – 4.30pm Monday – Friday at the afterschool club (term time only). Potential for some overtime throughout the year.
Hagley Wrap Around Care Club is an Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding’ setting that provides before and afterschool provision for children and their families.
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Facilities Assistant to work as part of our team. You will be supporting social, emotional and physical development of children, including those with special educational needs. We are committed to all our children achieving their full potential across the expanding range of opportunities we offer them. We would like to recruit an individual who is passionate about working with children, who will contribute to this ethos and be proactive in moving the Club forward.
The successful candidate will:
- have good interpersonal skills
- enjoy working with children and show initiative
- be committed to providing children with a high quality and enjoyable experience
- have high expectations, together with caring attitude and flexibility
- know how to provide the children with a safe and secure environment
- have experience in delivering childcare activities
- have experience serving refreshments and working in a kitchen environment
- create and maintain good relationships with all members of the organisation, parents, and school
- understand the importance of food hygiene and the importance of keeping the work environment healthy, safe and secure
In addition, you will:
- have lots of energy and patience
- demonstrate good communication skills
- have a positive, hardworking attitude
- be able to work within a team
- be committed to inclusion and equality
- be DBS checked or willing to undergo a check
- Have a Food Hygiene Certificate or be willing to work towards this.
We can offer:
- confident, well behaved children
- enthusiastic, dedicated and friendly staff
- positive and supportive parents
- training and development opportunities
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS, where appropriate.
Tel: 01562 883280
Email address (to request and return application pack): KWalker18@hagleyprimary.worcs.sch.uk
Closing date: 30th July 2021