Upper KS2 Lead (TLR2b Science & Technology) - Causeway Green Primary School
Required from January 2022
Shortlisting: 24th September 2021
Interviews to be held on: 28th September 2021
Are you ready to take the next step in your career and lead a key area of school?
Can you bring new and exciting ideas to our progressive school? If so, this could be the opportunity for you!
Causeway Green Primary School is a 2 form entry primary school with 460 children, age 3 to 11. We are a good school with a dedicated team of staff and a supportive atmosphere. Our school is dedicated to encouraging each pupil to achieve their best.
The Governors at Causeway Green Primary School are seeking to appoint an excellent teacher for January 2022 to join the senior leadership team, to lead on science and technology across the school and lower KS2 to join our caring school and work as part of a team.
The successful candidate will have:
- proven themselves to be a consistently good or outstanding practitioner
- the enthusiasm and leadership potential to make a real difference
- excellent behaviour management skills
- an excellent understanding of the subject knowledge required to teach primary pupils and an excellent command of Standard English
- an excellent understanding of assessment for learning and a real commitment to securing the best possible progress for all pupils
- a real desire to collaborate and develop professionally
- high levels of emotional intelligence to establish positive relationships with pupils and colleagues and to contribute to maintaining the calm, working atmosphere that our pupils enjoy.
The position will be in Key Stage Two.
Our Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school offers:
- a friendly, caring and supportive team ethos
- quality professional development opportunities
- well behaved, polite and enthusiastic pupils
- a supportive senior leadership team and governors.
Applications are invited from prospective candidates who are able to demonstrate that they meet the essential criteria set out in the person specification.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged. Please contact the school office on 0121 559 2068 to book an appointment.
- able to demonstrate a genuine care for the individual pupils
- able to cater for the needs of each individual child in their care
- able to incorporate a variety of learning strategies
- able to maintain open communications with parents, colleagues and external agencies in building and maintaining a supportive and encouraging team environment
We are looking for an applicant who:
- Has excellent interpersonal skills
- Has excellent organisational skills
- Has experience of working with pupils
- Has experience of working with primary aged children
Completed forms should be returned directly to the school via the post or the email address: email@example.com
Causeway Green Primary School as part of Sandwell Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable groups including children, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
An enhanced DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) clearance is required for this role.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role’
This post requires a Children’s Barring List Check. If you are barred from working with children you are breaking the law if you apply for this post
If you have provided an email address, correspondence will be sent via e-mail.
If you are successful in being short-listed for interview, you will be contacted via email within 28 working days of the closing date. Please ensure you check your junk/spam boxes as well as your inbox in case any correspondence has been delivered there.
UPS + TLR 2b £4,785 p.a
Penncricket Lane, Oldbury, B68 8LX
20th September 2021