Family Support Worker
1 day left
The Family Support Worker will work within the early help locality multi-disciplinary team to provide a timely and front line response to the needs of children, young people and their families; acting in accordance with local policies, procedures and priorities.
You will deliver evidenced based and practical interventions to positively effect change that safeguards and promotes the welfare of children and young people.
Duties and key responsibilities include:
- Supporting families referred ensuring external agencies are drawn in to provide relevant support
- Manage caseload of families
- Work closely with the core partners (Children’s Trust Early Help Team, Birmingham Forward Steps, Birmingham City Council and local schools and West Midlands Police) to ensure the optimum level of support is accessed by the family
- Develop an up to date understanding of services that are available to families
- Assist in the development of the Edgbaston Early Help Asset Register
- Attend meetings, representing Edgbaston Early Help as required
- Raise awareness of grants and other assistance available to families and where necessary
- Under the direction of the Co-ordinator promote and use the early help assessment and relevant tools to identify the needs of children, young people and their family and to lead the development of an effective multi-agency support plan
- Via effective outreach engage with children, young people and their families and actively promote their participation in early help assessments, support plans and interventions.
You will have:
- Experience of delivering outreach or one to support work
- Experience of supporting families and individuals with complex support needs
- Experience of forging links and establishing relationships with partner agencies
- Knowledge of VCSE organisations within the locality and support available for families
- Good administration and record keeping skills
- Good IT and Microsoft word packages (spreadsheets etc.) skills
- The ability to use social media, ICT and digital platforms competently
- The ability to manage time and prioritise own workload
Some evening and weekend working may be required.
An interview is guaranteed to suitably qualified and experienced people with disabilities.
All successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS Check
For more information and a job pack please visit our website www.gatewayfs.org or click on the link