Scale 4, points 7-11
24 hours per week TTO
Start date: September/October 2021 depending upon availability of applicant.
Reporting to School Business Manager
To organise and provide school administrative and financial support services to ensure the efficient day-to-day operation of the school.
To contribute to the planning, development, and organisation of support service systems/procedures/policies
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Chaddesley Corbett Endowed Primary School is a single form entry primary school serving the rural community between Kidderminster and Bromsgrove. We have an onsite Nursery taking children from two years old and extensive wrap around provision which runs for 48 weeks a year and is open to all pupils.
We are blessed with a beautiful environment, which we incorporate fully into our curriculum to bring lessons alive and create memorable learning experiences.
We have high quality, well-motivated staff who provide a climate of academic rigour and pastoral care which equips our children to be ready and successful in their next stage of education, develop into caring human beings and become good citizens.
JOB ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Working within clearly defined rules and procedures involving decisions chosen from a range of established alternatives in the following areas:
- Maintain, update, and interrogate the School’s financial information management systems (Currently Worcestershire’s E5 finance system)
- Undertake financial administration procedures, including:
- The Imprest account
- Devolved Formula Capital Account
- ParentPay, prepare and send weekly report to Income allocation department
- Complete bank reconciliations, cash and cheque handling, processing of receipts and banking duties
- Maintain accurate accounts of income and expenditure (school fund)
- Assist with the planning, monitoring and evaluation of budget and manage expenditure within an agreed budget.
- Match purchase invoices to orders, scan invoices goods receipt & process for payment and dealing with queries
- Prepare various accurate and timely financial reports and complete financial returns
- Undertake the administration of iTrent Payroll system. Assisting staff inputting timesheets if necessary.
- Monitor and manage stock within an agreed budget, cataloguing resources and undertaking audits as required.
- Procurement card administration.
- Collate Nursery applications. Contact parents, issue forms, and set up and maintain records.
- Liaise with Nursery staff to agree start date and check the staffing e.g. child ratios.
- Communicate with Nursery parents / staff at each stage.
- Add Nursery invoice debit amounts to ParentPay
- Update Nursery spreadsheet as payments come in
- Chase outstanding Nursery Fees
- Monitor stock levels, stationery, stock cupboard etc. Initiate order request to replenish.
- Work with applicant and Site Manager regarding lettings.
- Maintain and update school website.
- Open orders when received, check paperwork and put goods away.
- Manages orders and payments for School milk
- Organise school trips / events- Including swimming, theatre etc…
- Administration of recruitment and other personnel procedures
- Maintain register of supply teachers and organise cover as appropriate
- Assist with marketing and promotion of the school
- Manage administration of facilities including use of school premises
This isn’t an extensive list of duties and responsibilities and the post holder may be called upon by the Headteacher to carry out other duties up to and including the grade of this vacancy.
QUALIFICATIONS & KNOWLEDGE
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent qualification or experience in relevant discipline
- Knowledge and practice of business and administration and/or finance admin.
- Effective use and knowledge of specialist ICT packages, e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook etc
- The ability to support staff/pupils/respond to parents through fluent and accurately spoken English
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Ability to analyse complex situations and find solutions in a fast paced, pressurised environment.
- Budget planning and monitoring.
- Produce precise and accurate reports in a timely manner.
- Capable of working to challenging deadlines, changing priorities and circumstances.
- Ability to make informed decisions and evaluate information and consequences from various sources where there are a wide range of choices and advice and where policy, procedures and working standards provides only general guidelines.
- Actively seeking creative & forward-thinking solutions to address existing problems and developing administrative & financial procedures and systems.
Chaddesley Corbett Endowed Primary school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all schools, their staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and good references.
Application Forms can be downloaded from school website www.ccschool.co.uk
Chaddesley Corbett Endowed Primary School, Nethercroft Meadow, Lower Chaddesley
Kidderminster, DY10 4QN, Phone: 01562 777312, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Noon Monday 6th September 2021
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 14th September. Please keep this date free.
You will be informed by 7/9/21 if you are invited to interview.