School Business Manager
SO1 points 23 - 25
Start date: September/October 2021 depending upon availability of applicant.
16 hours per week TTO
Reporting to Head teacher.
To be responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of financial and administrative services within the school
Direct or shared line management and supervision responsibility for site and finance staff.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Chaddesley Corbett Endowed Primary School is a single form entry primary school serving the rural community between Kidderminster and Bromsgrove. We have an onsite Nursery taking children from two years old and extensive wrap around provision which runs for 48 weeks a year and is open to all pupils.
We are blessed with a beautiful environment, which we incorporate fully into our curriculum to bring lessons alive and create memorable learning experiences.
We have high quality, well-motivated staff who provide a climate of academic rigour and pastoral care which equips our children to be ready and successful in their next stage of education, develop into caring human beings and become good citizens.
JOB ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be responsible for business and financial management of school resources
- Manage the schools administrative function through planning, developing, designing and monitoring administrative systems and procedures
- Manage support staff
- Assist the Headteacher and Governing Body with income generation activities and in promoting and marketing the school.
- Arrange provision, analysis and evaluation of data and detailed reports and information to the senior leadership team, the Governing Body and outside agencies. This will include attending Governors and SLT meetings as required.
- Manage the administration of human resources e.g. Payroll, recruitment processes and overseeing the advertising.
- Manage the procurement process, including securing appropriate service contracts, licences and insurance.
- Management of facilities, including premises, lettings and liaising with external contractors and suppliers
- Prepare and submit bids for funding from outside agencies under the direction of the Headteacher
- Be responsible for site health and safety issues within the school and how they impact on pupils, staff and visitors to the school.
- Always have the School at forefront of your mind when carrying out your duties and make decisions based upon the best interest of the School.
This isn’t an extensive list of duties and responsibilities and the post holder may be called upon by the Headteacher to carry out other duties up to and including the grade of this vacancy.
- National Occupational Standards (NOS) in business and administration and knowledge / skills equivalent to current national qualifications level 3 or 4 or Degree or equivalent qualification or equivalent experience in relevant discipline
- Having or willing to work towards the Certificate of School Business Management (CSBM).
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Knowledge of theory and practice of business and administration management; extensive experience and expertise across a range of activities, such as finance, procurement, administration, staff management. Equivalent to national qualifications level 3 or 4.
- Significant experience in administrative / finance roles, within School environment but this is not essential.
- Experience using the WCC finance system would be desirable.
- Effective use and knowledge of specialist ICT packages, e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook etc…
KEY SKILLS / COMPETENCIES
- Ability to communicate effectively - persuade, motivate, negotiate, and influence a wide range of stakeholders including, staff, suppliers, parents, the Governing Body and external bodies.
- Capable to deal with sensitive issues with empathy e.g. contracts, HR
- Provide advice to the Governing Body.
- Ability to listen and understand ideas and suggestions from others and respond appropriately.
- Ability to analyse complex situations and find solutions in a fast passed, pressurised environment.
- Budget planning and monitoring.
- Produce precise and accurate reports in a timely manner.
- Capable of working to challenging deadlines, changing priorities and circumstances.
- Ability to make informed decisions and evaluate information and consequences from various sources where there are a wide range of choices and advice and where policy, procedures and working standards provides only general guidelines. This will include:
- Contribution to and developing strategic policies and initiatives.
- Making budget decisions and recommendations
LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT
- Ability to organise, lead, motivate and successfully manage a small team.
- Contribute to the development of the School’s values and vision and communicate these clearly and enthusiastically to staff and stakeholders.
- Monitor the progress and quality of work of individuals and teams and provide prompt and constructive feedback.
- Encourage and empower staff to achieve their objectives effectively.
- Actively seeking creative & forward-thinking solutions to address existing problems and developing administrative & financial procedures and systems.
- Ability to assess and review current procedures and systems and evaluate if there is a more cost-effective way of doing things, saving time and improve service.
Chaddesley Corbett Endowed Primary school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all schools, their staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and good references.
Application Forms can be downloaded from school website. www.ccschool.co.uk
Chaddesley Corbett Endowed Primary School, Nethercroft Meadow, Lower Chaddesley
Kidderminster, DY10 4QN
Phone: 01562 777312 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Noon Monday 6th September 2021
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 14th or Wednesday 15th September 2021. Please keep these date/s free.
You will be informed by 9/9/21 if you are invited to interview