Business Support Apprentice
Level 3 Business Support Apprenticeship
Fixed term contract for 18 months
Salary: £17,620 (per-annum)
Hours: 37 Hours per week
The City of Wolverhampton Council is looking for 3 Apprentice's to promote and support the work and services of the council’s Business Support Teams in Central Resources and Childrens Services Teams.
Your roles will be to support the teams by providing effective administrative support that ensures both day to day and long-term assistance in relation to administrative and financial aspects of the Business Support Units. To ensure that Services within them are undertaken and completed within given timescales.
Be a first point of contact for both internal and external customers and ensure that enquiries are dealt with efficiently and with a high level of customer care. Ideally you will have excellent customer service, communication, organisational skills and the ability to manage a diverse workload.
The successful candidates will receive on the job training and will complete a L3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship.
Please note: if you already have previous Level 3 qualifications in Business Administration, please contact the Organisational Development Team on the email below to check you are eligible to apply.
You will be supported by experienced staff who can assist you with your work and study to give you the experience to apply for other roles within the council. You will also be trained to use various IT systems that support the efficient delivery of our services.
If you require more information about this role, please Email
Central resources:- Sue.Chatham@wolverhampton.gov.uk or
Childrens Services:- Lisa.firstname.lastname@example.org or
Level 3 Business Support Apprenticeship
The Apprentice will be supported during their Apprenticeship, working with relevant assistance on service tasks in line with the given role. The Apprentice will learn new skills through the duration of the programme and be allocated responsibility for work to meet the requirements of the Apprenticeship Standard. This Apprenticeship is equivalent to two A Level Passes and there is an expectation that the Apprentice will have English and Maths at level 2 prior to entering the End Point Assessment (EPA) process at the end of the Apprenticeship. This Apprenticeship can be aligned to entry level roles with the requirement that the Apprentice undertakes and records 20% of their work time engaging with training or development related to the Apprentice role. Dependant on the type of Apprenticeship an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service process may be required (DBS check)
Overview of the role:
Provide effective administrative support that ensures both day to day and long-term assistance in relation to administrative and financial aspects of the Business Support Units. To ensure that Services within them are undertaken and completed within given timescales.
Be a first point of contact for both internal and external customers and ensure that enquiries are dealt with efficiently and with a high level of customer care.
Main Business Support Responsibilities:
- With training, minuting any relevant meetings as requested through the Business Support Units
- With supervision carry out the ordering of goods, stationery, equipment, materials and resources for the processing of associated documents and accounts.
- Provide support to managers in scheduling and preparing for meetings and events and organising attendance at relevant conferences
- Provide support to team members and managers in undertaking financial transactions, adhering to financial procedures and using appropriate systems
- Meet and greet when required
- With support, undertake the preparation of meeting, training and conference materials using appropriate software packages
- With support, undertake regular stock checks to ensure the relevant service area is fully equipped to deliver its core business and ensure the use of all resources is monitored through a booking in and out system
- Support interview processes when requested, e.g. letters, creating interview packs and meet and greets
- With training use service specific systems as directed by the Business Support Managers.
- Work flexibly to support the work of all services within the Business Support Units as part of a team of administrative and clerical staff
- Manage all post, electronic, mailbox and physical, through the Business Support Units
- With training, format documents and presentations to the Corporate Standard as and when required
- When required, complete any printing and scanning as required.
Hard working and ambitious
1. Personal Skills
E - Good written and oral communication skills
E - Self-motivated, personal drive and enthusiasm
E - Ability to work as part of a team
E - Flexibility and adaptability
E - Commitment to working in customer focused environment
E - Ability to organise and prioritise workload
E - Evidence of practical experience in one or more of the specific responsibilities in the job description
D – Previous experience in an administration role or similar role
E - Excellent ICT Skills
D - Knowledge or experience in working in a Business Support Team
E - To complete all elements of the Apprenticeship and to attend any additional training as appropriate
E - GCSE passes at Grades A – C in Maths and English or equivalent qualifications
D - Administration qualification at level 2 or any other related training/qualifications
Job Description and Personal specification