Clerical Assistant (Horton Lodge Special School)
Horton Lodge School is looking to appoint an enthusiastic Clerical Assistant from September 2021 or soon thereafter. Horton Lodge School is a primary school for children with physical disabilities and allied needs, including learning, communication, sensory and medical.
The Governing Body of Horton Lodge is seeking to appoint a part time Clerical Assistant to work Thursday and Friday, from 8.45am to 3.45pm (13 hours per week). The post is advertised at Grade 1 term time only (SCP 1 £17,842 to pro-rata).
- Undertake reception duties, answer routine telephone and face-to-face enquiries and sign in visitors
- Assist with pupil welfare duties; liaise with parents/staff etc
- Assist in arrangements for school trips and events
- Record and provide attendance information and key information to staff
- Provide general clerical/administrative support e.g. photocopying, filing and emailing
- Maintaining the school website
- Provide administrative support for pupil’s education health care plans, including arranging review meetings
- Assisting in ensuring the key safeguarding procedures are followed.
The successful candidate will undertake duties detailed in Job Profile J1573 for a Grade 1 Clerical Assistant. We are also advertising for an admin and finance assistant for 13 hours per week, and we would consider the same applicant for both positions.
Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to visit Horton Lodge School prior to submitting their application. Please contact Linda Povey to arrange a visit via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application packs are available online at WM jobs or from the school. Further details of the post can be requested by email to email@example.com or by calling the school office on 01538 306214. Your application should consist of an Application Form, Recruitment Monitoring Form and an accompanying letter (no more than an A4 page) detailing your skills, knowledge, suitability and experience in relation to the job description and person specification.
Closing date for applications: Monday 30th August 2021 at 9am
Interview date: week commencing Monday 6th September 2021