Horton Lodge Special School - Admin & Finance Assistant
Horton Lodge School is looking to appoint an enthusiastic Administrative and Finance Assistant from September 2021.
Horton Lodge School is a Local Authority Special School for children aged 2-11years with physical disabilities and associated learning difficulties. Our students have a range of complex learning needs including cognitive, physical, sensory, and health related disabilities.
The post is a part time permanent role advertised as a Grade 3, term time only, for 13 hours per week. The pattern of work can be flexible over 2 or 3 days.
The successful candidate will be able to manage a busy school office and multi-task efficiently. Key duties include;
Support for Finance Administration:
- Research and negotiate with suppliers to obtain best value for money
- Enter official orders, GRNs and purchase orders
- Receive deliveries of goods and organise onwards dispatch to correct recipient/location
- Organise returns of unsuitable goods, and resolve queries relating to wrong orders
Support to the school:
- Provide clerical support e.g. photocopying, filing, emailing and completing routine forms
- Maintain manual and computerised records, and also pupil information on SIMs
- Undertake research and obtain information to inform decisions of SLT
- Monitor and manage stock for the administration team, including first aid stocks
- Cover the reception when required
- Assist with HR procedures, ensuring staff complete the relevant documents in a timely fashion
- Monitor and update the school website
We can offer the opportunity to work in a successful multi-disciplinary team, a commitment to continued professional development, enthusiastic and inspirational pupils. Training will be given on the relevant systems.
The successful candidates will undertake duties detailed in Administrative and Finance Assistant Job Profile C1153 at Grade 3 term time only (SCP 3 – 4, £18,562 - £18,933 FTE). We are also advertising for a clerical assistant to cover reception on Thursday and Fridays, and we would consider the same applicant for both positions.
Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to visit Horton Lodge School prior to submitting their application. Please email Linda Povey to arrange a visit, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application packs are available online at WM Jobs or from the school. Further details of the post can be requested by email to email@example.com or by calling the school office on 01538 306214. Your application should consist of an Application Form, Recruitment Monitoring Form and an accompanying letter (no more than an A4 page) detailing your skills, knowledge, suitability and experience in relation to the job description and person specification.
Closing Date: Monday 30th August 2021 at 9am
Interview Date: Week commencing 6th September 2021
We are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and we expect all our employees to share this commitment. This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service
To comply with Asylum and Immigration legislation you will be required (if appointed) to provide one or more documents from the Immigration Act 2006 - List A and B. You must provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom and valid permission to do the type of work offered. Further information is available at: www.gov.uk/government/publications/acceptable-right-to-work-documents-an-employers-guide