Marketing and Communications Officer
4 days left
Act on Energy are seeking an enthusiastic Marketing and Communications officer who can help our expanding charity reach new audiences and promote the fantastic work that we do. You will be a confident communicator used to working across a variety of mediums to both promote and educate both the public and partners on the merits of energy efficiency.
The post holder will:
- Contribute to the development of Marketing and Communication Plans for the organisation and the projects we deliver.
- Contribute towards the development and refinement of our websites & share our work via social media and be confident in delivering social media campaigns on Facebook, twitter and Instagram
- Help us deliver a clear and consistent brand across all our work, by creating and amending materials and content and advising and supporting staff across the organisation
- Help us raise the profile of the organisation with key audiences including stakeholders in the public sector & funders
- To promote awareness and uptake of our service to the general public across our project areas including:
- Generating content and managing social media channels in order to promote awareness and uptake of our service,
- Generating newsletter and press release content and liaise with the media as needed
- Support our Local Authority Delivery Scheme (LADS) which is seeking to upgrade insulation and low carbon heating for homes within our project areas by leading on the production of clear and informative promotional materials for householders.
- Liaise and attend regular meetings with partners on projects such as Local Authority Delivery Schemes to create joint press releases, campaign material and provide project updates.
- Be confident in the use of online platforms to organise online meetings and conferences and ensure clear and concise delivery of complex messages.
The post is initially for one year; however, a strong candidate who achieves their marketing goals successfully and helps to bring in significant additional funding streams will be seriously considered for longer term employment.
We are looking for you to:
- Have a clear, informative and confident style of communication
- Experienced in producing a range of media content from online Facebook and Instagram campaigns through to a newsletter
- Have a problem-solving, creative and ‘can do’ approach,
- Be able to continuously manage our company websites ensuring they are regularly updated, have visually appealing content and meet accessibility requirements
- Work effectively with a range of staff, supporting and driving change
- Be a hard worker, managing a busy workload unsupervised, and meeting deadlines
- Experience on using Wordpress or similar website software
- Have strong IT skills across Microsoft suite and confident in the use of Teams or a similar platform for hosting meetings and conferences.
- Relevant work experience gained either through the charitable, public, or business world,
- Have an understanding of home energy efficiency or be willing to gain a basic understanding of the area and associated funding landscape,
- Show a commitment to our core values,
- Be based in the West Midlands
You will be line managed by our Head of External Projects but will work closely with other members of our senior management and the project delivery teams.
There may be opportunities to attend short training courses.
Salary Band D £24,088 - £26,589 – Part time pro rata
Location: Based at Act on Energy’s Offices in South Warwickshire with the potential for some homeworking.
Hours of work: 22.5 hours Part time based on a 37.5 hour week
Annual Leave: 25 paid days per annum Part time pro-rata + bank holidays.
Duration: One-year fixed term contract with opportunity to extend further, subject to funding and achievements.
Application process: Please send your CV and covering letter explaining why you are
interested in the position and how you meet the full job description and person
specification to Gareth Williams email@example.com