Post: Experienced Social Worker - Adult Social Care West
Hours: 37 Hours per week
Salary: Grade 7 LPP 23 – 28 (£36,922 to £41,881)
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the City of Wolverhampton for a full-time qualified Social Worker who has experience of working with adults and their carers. Social Workers who have experience in working with people who have a learning disability are particularly welcomed to apply.
Wolverhampton is a culturally and economically diverse city and the West Team reflects this diversity. Wolverhampton Adult Social Care has implemented Three Conversations methodology which is now fully embedded in our practice.
The job involves:
- Preventative work and connecting people to their communities.
- Completing Care Act 2014 assessments and arranging support for people with short and long term social care needs.
- Direct contact and working with individuals, carers and families to promote independence and achieve the best outcomes for people in the community.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues within the social work teams and alongside service providers, police, health colleagues, voluntary partners and commissioners.
The successful applicant will also:
- be committed to working with and safeguarding vulnerable adults.
- be willing to embrace new challenges.
- be able to work with colleagues in a multi-disciplinary manner and ensure person centred planning.
- Have good communication and IT skills
- be proactive, organised and have a flexible approach
- be fully committed to promoting customer wellbeing, independence and reablement.
In return we will offer you:-
- Regular formal and informal supervision, together with opportunities for reflective practice
- Opportunities to enable professional development.
- The opportunity of working in a supportive, and innovative team.
- An opportunity to be creative and flexible in your work
- Agile working
If you wish to further enhance your practice and be part of a solution focussed and creative team, please join us.
For further information about the post or an informal discussion, please contact Kamla Leal or Balbir Hira on 01902 556084/01902 556083 for an informal discussion.
It is an essential requirement that applicants are registered with Social Work England in order to practice as a Social Worker. All applicants should note that this post will require an enhanced DBS check prior to appointment.
Application forms/further details available from HR Shared Services, Civic Centre, St Peter’s Square, Wolverhampton WV1 1RT (01902 552345).
Closing date is 05 September 2021
Social Worker (Adults) Grade 7 JD and Spec.doc