Parent Support Advisor - Ref: TV25421
Salisbury Primary School – Parent Support Advisor Phone: 0121 6674066 Address: Salisbury Primary School, Salisbury Street, Darlaston, Walsall, WS10 8BQ
Salisbury Primary School is ‘GOOD’ - Ofsted March 2019.
Parent Support Advisor – G5 09-17 (Range £20,903– £24,491 pro rata) depending on experience. Full time, term time only, 37 hours a week.
Salisbury Primary School are looking to appoint a dynamic, creative and hardworking Parent Support Advisor who will deliver the very best learning experiences for our children. Our school is an exciting place to work due to the rapid journey of improvement over the last few years that has made us into the successful school that we are today. This is a great opportunity to work with forward thinking staff and be part of a passionate enthusiastic team. We are an inspirational and inclusive school and we are building the foundations for happy and successful life-long learners.
You should have a passion for working with young people and their families and an ability to communicate effectively with children and adults. You will be in a position to have a significant impact on the life chances of a young person. Preferably you will have experience in a similar role.
As a parent support advisor you will be tackling underachievement by working in partnership with families, carers, pupils and professionals in a school context to enable pupils to have full access to educational opportunities and to break down barriers to learning.
The parent support advisor will initiate, develop and maintain effective links and working relationships with all parents including the Head Teacher, other school staff, Education Walsall and other agencies. The parent support advisor will design programmes of activities and initiatives throughout the year, as well as term-time activity programmes, and will ensure effective promotion, marketing and delivery arrangements for the agreed activities/programmes.
The parent support advisor will:
- Provide families and pupils with support and information.
- Understand the primary rights and responsibilities of parents to raise their children, and support parents by helping them improve their parenting skills.
- Support parents of children with early signs of social, emotional, health or behaviour issues.
- To provide impartial information or referrals to parents about the school and relevant local events.
- To work in partnership with parents and identify needs for parenting support groups for those wishing to enhance their relationship with their children.
- To keep records of any meetings held in compliance with GDPR.
- Conduct reviews and assessments of the effectiveness of the work being carried out with pupils and families.
- Attend meetings which may be required to improve attendance, help other services or further develop the role as parent support advisor.
- Attend Early Help/Child in Need meetings and lead on these.
It is essential that you have:
- NVQ Level 3 in supporting teaching and learning in schools.
- Grade C or above in English and Maths or equivalent (minimum).
- Experience of working within a school setting.
- Experience in working with families, agencies and other professionals.
- Knowledge and experience in safeguarding and KCSIE.
- Ability to work confidentially.
- Able to facilitate group sessions.
- Evidence of excellent ICT skills and organisational skills.
Salisbury Primary School is a values based, inclusive school at the heart of a culturally diverse community. In striving for excellence, we also aim to be inclusive and nurturing. We take pride in fostering enjoyment of learning that will lead to children being the best that they can be in all areas of the curriculum.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure form the Disclosure and barring Service (DBS)
As a school, we support applications from educators from diverse backgrounds and from educators seeking flexible working opportunities. We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
How to apply
Application forms are available on our website or alternatively please email email@example.com for an application pack. Completed application forms should be returned via email to the school along with a 2-page personal statement. Your statement should show how you meet the criteria of the post to which you are applying and how your examples demonstrate impact. Posts are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Candidates must be suitably qualified and experienced.
Closing date: September 30th at 12 pm..
Interview Date: TBC