Customer Service Specialists
4 days left
Act on Energy is a fast growing and dynamic regional energy advice charity. We are currently looking for customer service specialists to help us deliver best in class energy advice and support to our customers across the West Midlands region.
We are on a mission to put customers at the heart of everything we do. So if you feel you would like to be part of our journey then carry on reading.
So what qualities are we specifically looking for?
Do you love working with people?
Are you great on the phone and a natural communicator?
Do you like to problem solve?
Are you looking to work in a friendly and supportive environment?
If you can honestly answer yes to all of the above, then you could be exactly what we are looking for.
Here’s a little bit more about this role
Our customer service specialists are the literally the glue that hold together the delivery of all of our exciting work around domestic energy efficiency and fuel poverty. We’re naturally expecting you to also have excellent customer service skills and a real passion to deliver positive outcomes for all of our customers.
It’s a given that you will also have good organisational skills and are able to communicate effectively and clearly over the phone and on our in house systems.
We are growing organisation, but still maintain a closely supportive approach to delivering our work. An ability to work both independently and as part of a wider team is therefore what we’re looking for.
Here’s a little bit more about the role responsibilities of our customer service specialists.
We would expect you to be:
- The first point of organisational contact in addressing our customer calls
- To work closely with individual project teams in order to deliver our exciting energy efficiency schemes and projects
- To contribute occasionally to our community engagement events as part of our energy efficiency promotion work
- To input customer data, produce documents and paperwork to a high standard of accuracy using our Customer Relationship Management software and other Microsoft tools such as word, excel and teams.
- To display and maintain high standards when managing conﬁdential information, complying with Act on Energy’s General Data Protection Procedures GDPR and legal requirements ensuring security, integrity and confidentiality of data.
- To achieve agreed outcomes and outputs, and personal appraisal targets, as agreed by line manager
- To be committed to the Act on Energy’s core values of public service, quality, equality, empowerment and to demonstrate this commitment in the way duties are carried out.
- To ensure that all duties are undertaken with due regard and compliance with the General Data protection Act 2018 and other legislation
- To carry out duties and responsibilities in accordance with Act on Energy’s Health and Safety Policy and relevant Health and Safety legislation
- The post holder may be expected to work some weekends and evenings as required
- Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing at all levels
Ok, So now we know you’re really interested - what are the next steps?
We’d naturally love to hear from you if you can show us why feel you’re a great fit for this role. To do this, we’ll need you to send us your CV outlining your work history and achievements to date and covering letter stating clearly how you feel you meet the requirements of the role.
Please ensure that you evidence as many of the following criteria as possible of the criteria above and below as we will use this to assess if we can take you forward to interview stage.
- Experience in a customer focused environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to drive high standards in relation to customer services
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing across a range of different audiences.
- Educated to A level standard or equivalent with an excellent standard of written English
- Demonstrate accurate numerical skills and have an eye for detail when processing information
- Self-management skills, to enable workload organisation, prioritisation, and implementation, with minimum supervision
- Flexible approach – demonstrating ability to respond positively to changes in allocation of work at short notice to set deadlines
- Commitment to equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice and to work with a diverse customer base.
- Excellent Computer skills including Microsoft word, excel
- Full driving licence and car owner
- Knowledge of domestic sustainable energy and affordable warmth issues
- Knowledge and experience of housing, health and social care services and practice
- Good general knowledge of energy infrastructure in UK
- Experience of working in, or in support of, local or other statutory authorities
- Enthusiasm and commitment to environmental and social welfare objectives
- A flexible, dynamic and creative approach
- Reliable & confident
Our TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Subject to six month probationary period
Grade C - £20,799 -
Our OFFICE WORKING HOURS
Full time 37.5 hours Monday to Friday 9:00am & 5:00pm. We would also welcome Part Time applications based on 3 days or 22.5 hours per week.
Our OTHER BENEFITS
Holiday: 25 days per annum plus bank holidays. Pro rata for part time work.
Workplace Pension Scheme
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and covering letter by email or post:
For the attention of: Gareth Williams
Director of Services
Act on Energy
Unit 1.4 Lauriston Park