Trust 1st line Mobile IT Technician
Our mission is to be an organisation that champions 'social justice through exceptional schools'. We achieve this through the values shared by all schools within the Trust.
We have a proud, strong association with our founding partner, the Royal Society for the Encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce (known as the Royal Society of Arts, the RSA). The RSA supports us with our distinctive culture. Our schools are rooted in the heart of their community, truly inclusive, building resilience, confidence and cultural capital for all. We foster a culture of innovation and creativity, and advocate that physical and mental well-being are essential for life at school and beyond.
- To ensure the smooth running of the trust’s IT systems and infrastructure.
- To provide outstanding, pro-active, accessible support to all users.
- To enable exciting teaching and learning using IT
- To enable collaborative working and reduced workload for all staff of the trust
- To provide support to users across the trust via the central helpdesk
- To provide first line, onsite support to schools within the trust.
- To provide support to the Central Team within the trust.
- To provide support for Trust/Academy events outside normal working hours
- Using the trust IT Service Desk, provide support to all users of the trust networks to assist with resolving issues quickly and efficiently, ensuring resolutions are long term.
- Attend sites as per the team rota to provide onsite support for schools as required.
- To prioritise responses by, and respond to all requests within, the terms of trust SLA
- To be polite, friendly and helpful at all times with all colleagues
- To be pro-active with all support, identifying and resolving potential issues before they occur.
- To be a confident communicator and member of the team
- Install, troubleshoot and support hardware devices such as laptop, desktop and tablet computers along with connected accessories.
- Install, Troubleshoot and support core software applications to require standards and confuration using central tools and systems.
- Perform maintenance on computer equipment, projectors, printers and other systems.
- Troubleshoot and support classroom equipment such as Projectors, Interactive White Boards, Visualisers and associated accessories.
Device and Application Support
- Install and test new hardware and accessories.
- Perform basic device repairs, troubleshooting and upgrades.
- Identify and rectify basic hardware or software faults
- Install and test new software as directed
- Complete and keep up-to-date inventory of all equipment
- Perform network cable installation and test connectivity
- Support connectivity to wireless networks and basic troubleshooting
- Use the help desk to log, update and resolve all issues.
- Ensure that requests are responded to within SLA timeframes
- Utilise the Self-Help Guides to assist users
- Understand when, and how to escalate issues, and escalate effectively.
- Proactively provide solutions to reduce reoccurrence of common issues.
- To ensure that the trust data protection policies are adhered to
- To minimise the risk of a data breach occurring
- To highlight any potential risks to line management.
If you are interested in the role please find out more via the the additional documentation attached or via the vacancy page on our website https://www.centralrsaacademies.co.uk/careers/latest-vacancies/.