Payroll Admin Manager
The HR Payroll team is part of an Organisational Development Service providing an efficient and professional customer focussed service across the Council, Schools and Academies. If you want to join a progressive service that has high aspirations of delivering one of the best HR Services in the Dudley Borough then look no further!
We are looking to recruit a proactive, organised and reliable payroll admin Manager to join our vibrant team. This opportunity will involve the responsibility of working to the highest standards whilst ensuring the timely and accurate administration of payroll is dealt with promptly and correctly according to the organisations policies, procedures and statutory obligations, whilst maintaining the strong ethos of customer service. The role will enable the successful post holder to combine both remote working and office based working (when safe to do so).
Hours: 1 x 37 hours (permanent). Due to the nature of this post, the role is advertised as a full time only vacancy.
Salary: Grade 9
The support you will receive is first class, you will have a nominated buddy from day 1, who will support and guide you. Training and development opportunities include an annual update session, appraisal, a personal development plan, and regular team meetings with education and learning at the core.
There will also be opportunity to work from home, and you will be provided with a laptop to support you with this.
As part of the Customer Connect Service the post holder will be expected to:
- Assist in providing a professional solution focused HR/Payroll transactional service.
- Undertaking a range of transactional activities including directorates, schools, recruitment and pensions.
You will work with a reasonable degree of autonomy and may be responsible for a number of areas of Transactional work.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrable office experience including the development, management and operation of administrative systems, parts of which should be at a senior level, with supervisory responsibilities, overseeing and advising lower level administration staff
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of processing a range of transactions using HR/Payroll/Pensions systems
- Good understanding of Local Government Terms & Conditions / Teachers Terms and Conditions and current payroll and employment legislation
The requirement for this role is CIPP or CIPD qualification Diploma or hold an equivalent relevant qualification or experience to NVQ level 4/HNC level.
A commitment and willingness to undertake further training and development dependent upon existing qualifications and requirements of the post is also essential.
Informal enquiries to Karen Tilt on 01384 814044.
NB: We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the advertised date if a large number of applications are received.
You will also benefit from:
- A generous Local Government Pension
- Agile Working – supporting and promoting a positive work/life balance Flexible Working – to include Agile Working (dependant on the needs of the service), Flexible Retirement
- Annual Leave – from 25 days up to 33 days (Plus Bank Holidays and 1 extra Statutory Day) Depending upon Salary and Length of Service
- Learning & Development / Apprenticeships – A varied offering of in-house and external learning interventions and professional development
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Staff Counselling Service – In-house access for all with a variety of therapeutic approaches to suit the individual needs of each client
- Wellbeing – a range of activities to enhance and support your wellbeing
- Occupational Health – a service to support you to stay well at work, both physically and mentally
- Family Friendly Policies - Maternity, Paternity & Adoption Leave – Enhanced entitlement above national average
- Sick Pay – Enhanced entitlement above national average
- Corporate Gym Membership – across Dudley Borough Leisure Centres
Online application forms will only be accepted for this vacancy, online facilities for jobs are available at public libraries within the Dudley Borough.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
If you are experiencing a problem whilst applying for a position, please follow the link below to the WM Jobs Help Page in the first instance; WM Jobs If the WM Jobs Help Page does not resolve your issue then please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
The Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at http://www.dudley.gov.uk/