General Technician - Sir Graham Balfour School
Permanent Part-time General Technician (Food & Textiles Technology)
Grade 2 Post (£9,567 - £9,759, SCP 2-3)
NB: This is a term-time only post, 22.5 hours per week required from September 2021
We wish to appoint a General Technician to work in our Design and Technology Department. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, energetic and hard working. This job is fast-paced and hands-on, often entailing working to short timescales in a busy student-centred environment.
Duties include maintaining high standards of health and hygiene in the workplace and, in particular, ensuring that all utensils and work spaces are cleaned after practical lessons. Some work assisting in the setting up of practical food & textiles lessons is also required. The full person specification is enclosed.
At Sir Graham Balfour we offer:
- A highly-motivated staff, who embrace willingly a culture of professional development.
- An ever growing reputation in the local community which has resulted in the school being consistently oversubscribed in an area where student rolls are falling.
- A very positive climate for learning.
- A first rate learning environment. We are housed in buildings completed in 2002 and financed via a PFI initiative.
- Innovative 14-19 collaboration and an increasing roll at KS5.
- A commitment to inclusive practice.
- The school is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of all students and as such all applicants will be submitted for an enhanced DBS check.
- All applicants will be registered with the Independent Safeguarding Authority.
- Applications can only be accepted if submitted on the enclosed formal application form.
- Two references will be required, one of which must be from your most recent employer.
- We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity or religion.
Visits to the school are strongly recommended and can be arranged by contacting Mrs Vicki McKeen (details below)
NB: these will only be carried out up until Tuesday 20th July.
For an application pack, please access our website, www.sirgrahambalfour.co.uk or contact Mrs Vicki McKeen, Headteacher’s PA, on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01785 223490.
Please email completed applications to email@example.com
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is Tuesday 10th August at 1.30 pm. We will be shortlisting on the same day and all successful candidates will have been contacted by 3.00pm on that day. If you have heard nothing from us by this date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion and accept our thanks for your interest in this post.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 11th August will include a tour around the school, and interviews for the short-listed candidates.